How Much Does a Plunge Pool Cost?
A plunge pool is a type of pool that allows people to cool off and relax without taking up too much space in the yard or house. Experts say that swimming is one of the best ways for a person to stay in shape. Not only does it work all of the major muscle groups in your body, it is also a low-impact exercise that is easy on the joints of the body. Swimming also provides a cardio workout and can tone your whole body. There are many people who use pools as therapy for an injury. However, a pool is a very large, very expensive investment. It can take up a lot of space that could be used for something else. For those who would like the option of cooling off and relaxing in a pool but who do not want to spend the time and money, a plunge pool is the perfect solution. A plunge pool is usually a little larger than a hot tub but is maintained and filled like a pool.
How much is it?
- Much like a swimming pool, a plunge pool consists of different parts made from different materials which will usually determine the price of the pool. Some pools can be made from ceramic tiles while other more sophisticated ones are made from stainless steel. These are some of the factors why the price of plunge pools can be different. The size of the pool, the company that installs it, and the placement will also affect the price.
- On average, to have a basic plunge pool installed, the price can vary anywhere from $20,000 to as much as $50,000. The installation has a lot to do with the size and location of the pool as well as your geographical location.
- For instance, EndlessPools.com offers what they call small swimming pools and these can be placed in a number of configurations. The cost to have plunge pool installed in a house from this company can range anywhere from $30,000 to $40,000. If you want to have a fancier installation, it can add up anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000.
- Hydroworx.com is another company that can offer a plunge pool installation. This company offers different configurations of plunge pools as well. You can have a chiller system, a therapy jet with massage hose, as well as swim spa jets. There are many inclusions depending on the configuration that you want. The price of a plunge pool that can be installed by this company can range anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000.
What is going to be included?
- Each company that offers plunge pool installation will provide the complete installation based on the specifications discussed with the installer.
- During the installation, a hole will be dug in the area where the pool will be installed. A shell will be placed and tiles will often be installed around with concrete.
- Most companies will also provide a warranty that can last up to five years. The moving parts are also backed up by at least one year warranty.
What are the extra costs?
- Since the plunge pool is limited in its scope of area, there are plenty of other things that you can add to it such as waterfalls, massage therapy, and temperature controls. These can add to the aesthetic and function of the plunge pool, but each of these additions will cost you extra.
- The excavation area can greatly bring up the price. For example, if the area is hard to get to or the land is sloped, the price can greatly increase.
- Landscaping around the pool after it has been installed can vary depending on the project. This will usually need to be done by a separate company.
- Depending on local state laws, a fence may be required. If this is the case, plan on installing a pool fence.
- Local permits will more than likely be required to build the pool.
Tips to know:
- If you do not have any space in your yard and you would like to have a pool, consider a plunge pool since it will not take up a lot of space. Even if you do not want to install it outside, plunge pools are a great option for those looking for a smaller pool inside their home.
How can I save money?
- You will be able to save money if you keep the configurations of your pool at a minimum.
- Search for a company that can provide their services at lower prices. A great website to consider is ServiceMagic.com. By inputting your information, you can get quotes from more than three contractors in your area.