How Much Does Preparation H Cost?
Preparation H is one of the most common treatments for Hemorrhoids. This medication is used to decrease discomfort and lessen the inflammation. It also provides a protective film to the affected area to prevent further damage.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a two-ounce pack of Preparation H is going to retail for $8 to $12 per two-pack. For instance, a pack of Preparation H Hemorrhoidal Suppositories can retail for $8 to $12, while a 1.8-ounce tube of Maximum Strength Pain Relief Preparation H Hemorrhoidal cream can sell for $8 to $10. Preparation H-mediated wipes, on the other hand, retail for $8 to $11.
- Single tubes of Preparation H can retail for as little as $3 to $6.
- Preparation H is usually sold as cream in 2-ounce tubes.
- Homeapteka.com also sells a 2-ounce Preparation H Ointment for $12 each.
What is going to be included?
- Preparation H prepared as an ointment or cream usually comes in 2-ounce tubes. They are commonly sold in two tubes in a pack.
- Preparation H could also be in a form of a suppository. When prepared this way, there are usually 12 or 24 suppositories in a pack.
- Preparation H can also be sold as medical wipes. They can come in a pack or individually.
- Whichever way the Preparation H is prepared and sold on the market, it should come with specific instructions as to the usage of the medicine, the dosage, indications, contraindications, adverse effects, expiration date, and other pertinent information.
- It is commonly found at drug stores such as CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid and your local supermarkets.
- This medication is designed to help relieve internal hemorrhoids and can help shrink swollen tissue. This can greatly alleviate the pain felt from hemorrhoids.
What are the extra costs?
- If this is purchased online, most stores will have a minimum purchase requirement for free shipping. Unfortunately, since the price is so low for this sort of medication, you may have to prepare for a slight shipping fee.
Factors that influence the price
- Nature of preparation. Commonly, Preparation H comes as an ointment or cream. On the other hand, it is also sold in different preparations like suppositories and wipes. Prices of each of the different type of Preparation H vary according to how it is prepared.
- Net Volume. Preparation H in tubes come in different volumes. The most common are 2-ounce tubes and some others are 9-ounce tubes of Preparation H cream or ointment.
- Added element. Some Preparation H creams have added elements such as Bio-Dyne or aloe. With these add-ons, the cost for Preparation H will increase.
Tips to know:
- It is important that you know what you are using the Preparation H for. Because the treatment does not only come in one type of preparation, you should be able to identify which one to use, whether the cream, ointment, suppository or wipes.
- If you are a person who is known to be hypersensitive to many elements, you should seek a doctor’s suggestion first before using the product.
- There are other ways that you can alleviate the pain felt from hemorrhoids. The most common home-remedy is to soak in a bath of Epsom salts.
- Hemorrhoids are caused by too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal areas. They are very common in pregnant women and obese people, but can also be caused by diarrhea or constipation.
How can I save money?
- If you need the Preparation H in large amounts, it would cost you less if you buy them in packs. Individually sold Preparation H usually cost more than those in packages.
- Look for coupons or sales at local pharamacies or grocery stores.
- Check their website and social media network to see if any coupons are available at the time.