How Much Does a Professional Organizer Cost?
According to the National Association of Professional Organizers, “Organized people save time and money, and reduce their stress and frustration levels. Professional organizers can help you deal with everything from your paper to your professional responsibilities and give you parameters on what to keep, what to toss, and where to take action.” Some people have a hard time getting their house organized and clutter-free. While it may seem costly, hiring a professional organizer can really help you take back control of your life.
How much is it?
- Most professional organizers charge between $30 and $100 per hour. This cost will depend on the cost of living in your area as well as the extent of organization needed. The professional organizer’s years of experience will also affect the price.
- Professional organizers usually have some type of package deal that include a whole day of organizing or a few specific rooms organized. Packages like these will usually cost about $300-$500.
- Some professional organizers also offer services that can teach you how to become and stay organized. This can be done over the telephone, video conference, or in person. Rates for this type of service usually run about $50-$100.
- For those organizers that don’t charge by the hour, some may charge by the task. For example, if you needed to have your garage cleaned out, they could price on the job, rather than by the hour. Each organizer is going to be different.
What is going to be included?
- The first thing the professional organizer will need to know is what you need organized. An over-the-phone description of this is sometimes sufficient, but other times an in-home visit may be necessary.
- During an in-home visit, the organizer will be able to draw up a game plan that works for your home. This plan will include things such as the items required, what they can do for the area as well as how long the job is going to take. Most jobs are going to take anywhere from six to ten hours.
- Most professional organizers offer a free estimate for your needs.
- Once the organization is complete, the professional organizer will explain the organizational system to you in hopes of keeping it organized.
Tips to know:
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed with your space or you just can’t find items anymore, it may be time to call in an organizer.
- If your closets, drawers and rooms are bursting with clutter, it may be time to get a professional consultation. Legitimate organizers will be more than happy to provide a free estimate on what they can do for you.
- Know how the organizer is going to charge you. When you get estimates, be sure to know exactly what’s going to be charged. If there are materials that need to be purchased, be sure to know what these items are going to cost on top of the labor costs.
- Be sure to talk with a few different organizers. Ask them how long they have been in business, and also ask them for some referrals. It doesn’t hurt to see before and after pictures either as this can give you a good idea on what kind of work that they can do for your home.
What are the extra costs?
- If the organizer needs to purchase any organizational products for your room or office, such as storage bins, these products will usually cost extra.
- Remember that the free estimate you receive is exactly that: an estimate. When the professional organizer completes the job, she may find that it took longer or more work to complete than she had originally planned.
How to compare prices:
- NAPO offers a list of professional organizers by zip code. Start your search by compiling a list of organizers in your area.
- A personal recommendation from a friend or coworker is a great place to start.
- Meet the organizer face-to-face. It is important to establish a good relationship with the person who will be going through your belongings!
- You can consider doing it yourself as well by using services such as Organize.com.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|