How Much Does Raccoon Removal Cost?
Raccoons can be a pest to just about any home out there. If you have this animal pests bothering your yard, getting into your trash cans, or even destroying parts of your garden, an expert may have to be called in order to removal this pest appropriately. For those that are in a bad situation, you may find these raccoons in your attic or even in your home. The price for this type of removal is going to greatly vary depending on the size of the job, where the animal is located, as well as how many are there.
How much is the typical raccoon removal cost?
- Many services will give you a free consultation right over the telephone. As long as you explain the situation in detail, they will try their best to give you a good ball park figure.
- The average cost of a animal control service is going to average anywhere from $100 to $200 just to come inspect the home.
- On average, most companies are going to charge anywhere from a home visitation fee, and in addition to that, $90 to $275 an hour will be applied to your bill.
- Trapping fees may also occur. Once the raccoon is trapped, the company will come back out and take the animal away to a safer location.
- Those that want to capture the Raccoon itself, a simple cage can cost anywhere from $40 to as much as $125. In order to capture the animal, the cage will have to have some sort of bait, as well as set up in a spot where it can be captured.
What are the extra costs?
- An emergency situation may result in a premium fee. Since many animal control experts have 24/7 services, ask what they charge for a premium service.
- Since some raccoons can get into the home such as the attic, they can leave a mess behind. Most services will clean up the area the animal destroyed. Whether drywall needs to be replaced, or the floorboards need to be bleached, these services will charge additional for this.
What is going to be included?
- An inspection, a cage, as well a removal of the animal will all be included in your services.
- Premium services such as clean up and additional repairs may included if agreed upon when signing the agreement.
Tips to know:
- Raccoons tend to hang out in groups that can be as large as 12! If you have a problem and you only spotted one raccoon, there’s a rather good chance that there are others hanging around somewhere.
- Raccoons tend to look for a dry, safe place to have her babies. Common places where raccoons are going to be found will include the attic or chimney.
How can I save money?
- Consider removing the animal itself. There are many cages that are fairly easy to set up that won’t cost you more than $50. Some of the best ways to get rid of these pests on your own can include sealing off the entrance as well as smoking out the animals.
- Compare at least 3 pest control services. Websites such as Service Magic allow you to find many pest control companies in your local area.