How Much Do Racing Stripes Cost?
For those that want to customize their racing car such as a Mustang may be looking for additions such as racing stripes. These stripes come in many shapes, sizes, colors and more. The cost of these are going to greatly vary on where you purchase them, the type of stripe you want, and many other various factors.
How much is it?
- The average cost of racing stripes is going to vary anywhere from $350 to $1,500 for the entire job. What you’re going to want to factor in is the quality of the paint, as well as the company that is going to perform the job. A franchised based paint shop such as Maaco will more than likely be more than your smaller, Mom and Pop auto shop.
- For those that want to do it themselves, vinyl stripes may be a more affordable option. Many come with a do it yourself guide. These kits can range anywhere from $20 to $350. For example, a pink dual racing stripe kit costs anywhere from $50 to $300.
- For example, a Ford Mustang is one of the most common cars that users tend to customize. Racing stripes for this particular model can range from $25 to as much as $250.
What are the extra costs?
- If more than one color or design is required, the shop may charge additional fees.
- A cleaning fee may also be charged on top of the bill.
- If the design is fairly advanced, the shop may charge more since they generally deal with simple designs such as stripes.
- Besides the racing stripes, additional decals such as the lettering on the bottom, the hood decals as well as the has marks can all complement each other. Each accessory will cost extra and the price will all depend on the accessory that is purchased.
- Racing stripes that are going to be painted on rather than applied with a vinyl sticker is going to cost more due to the labor involved with the job.
What is going to be included?
- The paint, as well as the “stripe” application will be applied to your car. Before the job starts, the shop will be able to consult with what’s going to look the best as well as work with various software packages to show you what the job will look like before it even starts.
- Some shops may also include a limited time warranty to protect your work. Inquire with the company to ensure that you’re protected.
How can I save money?
- Consider doing the job yourself. This is only recommended for those that have some sort of detailing experience. Friends and/or family may also be of assistance to help you with the job.
- Compare at least 3-5 different shops. Prices can greatly vary across many shops.
- Consider the job before getting it done. Some cars are going to look great with the stripes while other cars may not look that good. Many qualified body shops have software that will enable you to look at your car before the job even starts. This will give you a great idea on what it’s going to look like.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|