How Much Do Ragamuffin Cats Cost?
Ragamuffin cats have unique features from ordinary cats. They have a shorter nose that is scooped, a rounded skull, and most are “cubby” looking. Most of them look sweet because of their walnut-shaped eyes. This is one of the main reasons why these cats are expensive. The price of a ragamuffin cat is going to vary depending on the breeder, the location, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- The usual price for ragamuffin cats ranges from $600 to $1,200 depending on the breeder and location. Purebred quality kittens can cost as much as $1,500.
- Older ragamuffin cats that are over the age of 2 are commonly found in local shelters. These cats can cost anywhere from $25 to $150.
- For example, the breeder Kaerikrags.com offers a variety of kittens. Their prices start at $1,200 and the prices will go up accordingly according to the colors. This is the norm for most breeders as some buyers tend to go after rare colors, rather than the colors that seem to be rather common.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase these cats from a place away from home that requires shipping, then you have to spend the extra money for the transportation and other services needed for the safe shipment of your new pet. Be sure to consider pet insurance if considering this route.
- A vet appointment to check for the general health appearance is optional, but many tend to do so to ensure that the cat is 100% healthy.
- Registration fees will have to be paid according to local city and county codes.
What is going to be included?
- Shelters and breeders will usually include the essential things for your cat upon purchase. These include food, toys and clothes.
- A vaccine shot is also included in many shelters and pet shops and is already included in the price.
- Reputable breeders will include the appropriate health records and certificates.
Tips to know:
- Like most cats, when introducing them to cats that they aren’t familiar with, it’s best to put them in a safe room for a few weeks. Allow the other cats to sniff the cat through the door and get used to the scent. Cats only know each other by smell and it can take a few days, if not weeks to get along with each other.
- Kittens are just like children. Make sure that you go around and clean up anything that they can get into. It’s also best to remember that they can climb to rather high spots as well. Keep poisonous plants, chemicals and other products out of sight, locked in a secure location.
How can I save money?
- Call or inquire at different shelters and pet shops about their prices. Also, make sure to ask about the services included in their offered price.
- Talk with a few various breeders in your local area. Not only will you be able to save on shipping fees, you’ll be able to see the kittens in person to get a good feel on how healthy they are, their demeanor, etc.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|