How Much Does a Refrigerator Rental Cost?
A refrigerator is an appliance that is used to maintain a low temperature. The refrigerator maintain the temperature slightly above the freezing point, which is around 3 to 5 degrees centigrade. It has a heat insulated compartment and a heat pump to ensure that the products inside stay cool. Since this is a necessary appliance that every household needs, some find that they cannot afford the larger payments up front. Because of this, they may turn to a rental. Just like furniture or other appliances, refrigerators can be rented for a small monthly fee. Refrigerator rental can be perfect for someone who has to move around a lot or someone that is renting on a part time basis. A refrigerator rental will depend on the company, the type of refrigerator, and the duration of the rental.
How much is it?
- Most refrigerators are going to cost around $200 to $3,000 depending on the size, manufacturer and the technology used to power the refrigerator. Sometimes when customer does not have enough money to buy a refrigerator, the seller can lease it to the customer for a certain amount of time. As an option, the customer can later buy it or return it to the seller. When it comes to renting or leasing a refrigerator, the rental rates are almost double or triple the cost of a fridge over time. So for example, if you wanted to rent a $1,000 refrigerator, you may end up paying $3,000 over 48 months. Over that 48 months, you would pay $62 per month.
- On average, most refrigerator rentals are going to be between $40 to $200 per month. The higher end the refrigerator is, the more you are likely going to have to pay.
- Householdappliancerentals.com, a rental company located in Colorado, charges anywhere from $49.95 to as much as $89.95 per month.
- Buddyrents.com, another rental company, charges anywhere from $30 to as much as $55 per week.
What is going to be included?
- Common places where you can rent a refrigerator from includes Aaron’s, Rent-A-Center and Sears.
- When you rent a refrigerator, the price should include delivery of the unit as well as pick up when the rental period is over.
- A refrigerator will range from 14 to 23 cubic feet. A typical height will be 68 inches tall and around 28 to 34 inches wide. A refrigerator will either have french doors that open out or side-by-side doors. Some models will have a freezer on the bottom with the refrigerator at the top while others will have a freezer on one side and the refrigerator on the other.
- All refrigerators will have a light that comes on when the door is open.
- Refrigerators should have different sections, such as a drawer for all of your fruits and vegetables so that they stay fresh and crisp.
- Most newer refrigerators have a water filtration system that dispenses cold, clean water straight from the door of the fridge. This same dispenser will be able to give you ice from the ice maker inside.
- The temperature inside a refrigerator should be between 35 and 38 degrees. Most refrigerators have a temperature gauge that will tell you the current temperature and allow you to make changes if needed.
- A common finish can include black, white or a stainless steel.
- Brands include Kenmore, Amana and Whirlpool.
What are the extra costs?
- If the store does not cover repairs, this is an extra cost to consider. However, most reputable rental companies will have some sort of service guarantee. The only exception is if the refrigerator was damaged due to neglect or not taking good care of it.
- If damaged when returned to the store, additional repair fees may apply.
Tips to know:
- You should consider a space to be occupied by the refrigerator. Consider the door opening without hitting the counters, the height of the fridge compared to the height of the space in your kitchen, etc.
- Consider the energy consumption as this will be the daily expenditure for using the refrigerator.
- An energy efficient refrigerator is the best since it will consume less energy, meaning that you will have lower energy bills.
How can I save money?
- As stated above, a rental agreement is going to be pretty expensive in the long haul. If possible, try your best to purchase a second hand or a lower-end newer unit. If you cannot afford the payments up front, consider a low interest credit card that has a great introductory rate or inquire about financing options. Most credit cards have a minimum payment that would be about the same as the monthly rental price.
- Look for a deal before renting any sort of appliance. Most companies will commonly have promotions going on.
- If you are set on renting a refrigerator, make sure that you have a lease to own option. That way, you can own the refrigerator at the end of the rental period. Remember, however, that rent-to-own is still more expensive than simply purchasing the refrigerator in the first place.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|