How Much Does Regrouting Tile Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Re-grouting tile is a procedure performed in a house where tiles are installed as flooring. Grout fills the gap in between tiles; over time, grout can be scraped from the gaps which leave spaces between the tiles. If there are gaps, this can allow the tiles to shift, causing damage to the tiles themselves. Regrouting is the solution to refill the spaces between tiles. The cost for this procedure varies depending on different factors. The company performing the service can greatly affect the price as can the total square footage of flooring that needs to be regrouted. The type of tile and amount of damage can also influence the cost.
How much is it?
- On average, a professional is going to charge anywhere from $5 to as much as $27 per square foot depending on the type of tile as well as the complexity of the job. Licensed and bonded professionals are going to charge more than a smaller company that is not insured or well-known.
- Other companies may charge on an hourly basis or per grout line. If the company charges by the hour, plan on spending anywhere from $32 to $75 per hour. If it is charged per grout line, it could cost anywhere from $8 to $27 per grout line.
- According to the site MGIHomeInspection.com, the price for regrouting a tile floor can cost anywhere from $5 to $10 per square foot.
- A service online such as GroutMonster.com offers a wide array of services aside from regrouting of tiles. The service offered by this company can run anywhere from $8 to $15 per square foot.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs would only be applicable if there is any additional damages, such as broken or cracked tiles that need to be replaced. When you call and ask for an estimate from the service provider, he should be abe to give you a good idea of the extra costs.
- If a general contractor has to over look the project, additional fees may apply.
What is going to be included?
- To make sure that you are well within your budget, the contractor will be able to provide a free estimate for the job.
- During the procedure, the contractor will use a smaller mechanical tool that removes the grout from around the tile. Once the area has been prepped using this tool, the area will be polished and vacuumed. After the area has been prepped, new grout will be applied.
- Regrouting a tile can be a messy job. The person that regrouts the tile will also clean and polish the tiles after the procedure has been completed. A contractor will be able to prepare and apply the grout to the tiles. After the grout has been applied, all the primers and adhesives will be applied with a finishing coat.
Tips to know:
- Regrouting is ideal for those that want to finish areas such as the showers, bathrooms, floors and even kitchen back-splashes.
- Regrouting is going to be a lot cheaper than replacing the entire tiles. This process is going to make any tile look like new.
- It is time to regrout tile when the grout become moldy or if the tiles are becoming discolored.
How can I save money?
- Visit your local home improvement store and find the right tools for re-grouting tiles. You may be able to do the re-grouting process yourself. If you are able to do the job yourself and avoid the labor costs, the price will drop significantly.
- If hiring a contractor, consider using services online such as Service Magic that can help you find the lowest quotes in your area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|