How Much Does Renting a Dumpster Cost?
A dumpster may be required for large jobs such as demolishing parts of a house or doing renovations. Since many garbage collection companies limit the amount of garbage that they will pick up, a dumpster service can assist those who need more space to throw away anything from yard scraps to drywall. The cost of a renting a dumpster is going to depend on the size, the geographical location, the amount of time the dumpster is needed and the company issuing the dumpster.
How much is it?
- Popular dumpsters sizes include 15, 20, 30 and 40 cubic yards. On average, a dumpster can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,500 per month, if needed on a long term basis.
- For those that need a dumpster on a weekly basis, the cost can range anywhere from $60 to $375 per week.
- One dumpter cost a homeowner $350. This dumpster could fit up to 2 tons and was able to be kept for 7 days. After 7 days, each additional week was $20. Each ton after the two tons was $95 per ton.
- According to HometownDumpsterRental.com, the cost of dumpster rental can range anywhere from $435 to as much as $650 for a roll-off container that can store upwards of 4 tons. The price of these dumpsters will greatly vary depending upon the time of year as well as the geographical location.
What are the extra costs?
- Dumpster services will have a weight limit. If the weight limit is exceeded, an additional fee may be applied depending on the total weight. For example, if the weight limit was 4 tons, the company may state that for every ton over, it will be an additional $40 to $75 per ton.
- If the time limit is exceeded, each additional day can cost upwards of $50. Dumpster companies will ask that you call up when the dumpster is ready to be picked up. The average time frame that a dumpster can be rented out for will usually be around 7 to 10 days.
- Depending on the company policy, a pick-up fee can apply that ranges from $45 to $250. The fee will greatly vary depending on how far the company is located from the home.
- Local cities and counties may require a permit for those that want to place a dumpster in their driveway or yard.
- Items such as refrigerators, or anything that contains freon, computer equipment, and appliances may require an additional fee since these items can only be disposed of in a certain way.
What is going to be included?
- A dumpster company will deliver the dumpster according to size. This dumpster will be dropped off either in a yard or a driveway. Once dropped off, the customer will be able to use the dumpster immediately. Once the dumpster is filled, it is the customers responsibility to call the company to have it picked up or emptied.
How can I save money?
- Check with the garbage company that you are using. There is a good chance that the company has dumpster services. Current customers may be eligible for discounts.
- Be sure to compare at least three quotes. Websites such as Service Magic can help a homeowner compare quotes in their local area.