How Much Does Renting an RV Cost?
Renting an RV is a cost efficient way to take a road trip without having to worry about maintaining, getting insurance coverage, or storing an RV. Renting an RV is ideal for those that want to take a one time road trip or even to test drive a RV before one is purchased. The cost of renting an RV is going to depend on the size of the RV, the features, the model, the company renting it out, as well as other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, renting an RV for an entire week can cost anywhere from $450 to $1,800 depending on the type of RV. The main factors that are going to influence the price are going to include the local state taxes, the type of motorhome, the miles driven as well as the amount of days that it’s going to be rented.
- For example, a standard Class-C RV that is 25′ can cost $840 to $3,200 per week or $120 to $171 per day. Daily rates can fluctuate depending on the time of the season. Summer months are going to cost more than the winter months. A 33′ RV that is towed can cost $525 to $900 per night.
- For a 500 mile trip using a 25′ Class-C motorhome, the entire trip would cost anywhere from $800 to $1,500 when factoring in state tax, the rental tax and the amount of miles driven for the trip.
- Larger motorhomes such as a 40′ can cost anywhere from $1,800 to $3,000 per week.
- For example, GetRV.com allows users to find local companies that rent out RVs. In Gilbert, Arizona, a 40′ Fleetwood Expedition will cost $325 per night, or $2,275 for the week.
- According to RoamingTimes.com, a 25′ Class-C motorhome for 7 nights could cost in the range of $1231.
What are the extra costs?
- Some RV companies may charge per mile on top of the fees mentioned above. For example, an additional $0.20 to $0.60 per mile may apply. A minimum number of miles may be included per day.
- Additional state and county taxes will apply.
- RV companies will require that a gas tank is filled up once the RV has been returned. The average tank can hold 50 or more tanks.
- A cancellation fee may apply if reservations are cancelled within 24 to 48 hours.
- Additional generator usage outside of the minimum requirements can cost extra.
- Insurance policies can be purchased for each additional night. These insurance rates can start at $10 per night.
What is going to be included?
- Renting an RV will include a minimum number of miles allotted per day. If the RV goes over the allotted miles, additional fees will apply. On average, companies will include 100 to 200 miles per day. Be sure to read the restrictions on where the RV can be taken. Similar to a car rental, this RV can be taken just about anywhere within the United States.
- Most RVs will include a refrigerator, a kitchen, appliances, bathroom, storage space, bedrooms and a sitting space. Higher end RVs may also include items such as a flat panel TV, washer, dryer and additional bedrooms.
How can I save money?
- When renting, use sites such as GetRV.com. Input your zip code and browse the deals located in your area. It is best to book a reservation early because the reservations can go quickly during peak time .
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|