How Much Does Repairing a Leaky Roof Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Repairing a leaky roof is the process of fixing the roof by covering holes and stabilizing it to avoid making the damage worse. Roofs are exposed to different weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, snow, rain, etc. that can damage the roof causing it to have holes or rust. There are several types of damages that can happen to a roof and each type of damage will be repaired differently. The price for repairing a roof depends on the type of roof that needs to be repaired as well as the extent of the damage that the roof has encountered.
How much is it?
- On average, a leaky roof repair can cost anywhere from $199 to as much as $950. What most contractors will do is charge by the square of the roof, which is usually a 10×10 section. The price can also vary depending on the type of shingle that has to be repaired.
- For instance, an asphalt shingle can cost less than a wooden or slate shingle. A square area of asphalt shingles could cost anywhere from $75 to $400 while wooden shingles can cost upwards of $500 to fix.
- According to the site CoolFlatRoof.com, the price for repairing a roof ranges anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on the size of the roof.
- A company such as RoofRepairGuys.com offers professional roof repair that can start at $199 to $400. The company claims that they can repair different types of leaky roofs and they offer emergency assistance when needed as well.
- Another company such as ChapmanRoofing.com offers extensive information about the basics of roof repair and offers the price of the service for between $324 to $600 depending on the size and type of roof that needs to be repaired.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involve a service fee which is charged if the contractor has to go beyond the area of coverage that they usually serve. The price usually starts at $20, but the total cost can accumulate the farther the distance of your location is from the office of the contractor.
- Expedited repairs that have be done within a few hours can result in an expedited fee. This will vary depending on the company contacted.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the service is the full procedure of repairing the leaky roof. The tools and the materials needed to make sure that the leak is stopped will also be included with the payment that is made.
- During the procedure, a contractor will use the necessary tools to find the hole in the roof. Upon inspection, the necessary equipment and material will be used to patch up the holes to plug the leak. Dummies.com has a guide on how a leak is found in a roof.
How can I save money?
- To save money, look for a contractor that can perform the service at the lowest price. Since there are several contractors that you may find, getting a quote from them will give you an idea how much they offer. Use services such as Service Magic online to find a contractor in your area.
- Although a leaky roof can be repaired by the homeowner, it requires knowledge and experience. Trying to fix it yourself without the proper tools and supplies may result in making the leak worse.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|