How Much Do Retractable Screen Doors Cost?
Retractable screen doors are a type of door that can be retracted for maximum space. These types of door are usually used to stop contaminants, such as dust and insects, from entering the house without blocking the view of the outdoors. Retractable screen doors can be made from different materials such as aluminum. Usually, the more durable the materials are, the more expensive it can get. The cost of a retractable screen door will depend on the size, the material, the brand and if a contractor is needed to install it.
How much is it?
- On average, a retractable screen door is going to cost anywhere from $120 to as much as $400. This will be for the door itself and will not include any type of professional installation.
- For example, the ODL RTMW01 retractable screen door that measures 36″x80″ retails for $144 to $169. A European retractable screen door kit that measure 84″ high manufactured by C.R. Laurence retails for $140 to $159.
- According to the site BestWindowScreen.com, the price for retractable screen doors can range anywhere from $280 to $550 depending on the size of the door. This is an online eCommerce based store that offers a wide range of products.
- Amazon.com sells retractable screen doors from many different manufactures. The prices here range anywhere from $140 to $292 depending on the size of the screen door.
- A retail giant such as Target offers retractable screen doors with different sizes and they are sold for between $100 and $1,000.
What are the extra costs?
- Having a retractable screen door installed 0n your house will be an additional cost to simply purchasing the product. Most contractors can install a door such as this for $100 to $300. Keep in mind that since the job is rather small, most will have a minimum charge.
- Shipping of the door through an online merchant can be additional cost. Due to the size of the product, additional shipping fees may apply.
- While many retractable screen doors come in a kit that it makes it easy to install, some set-ups may require additional materials such as screws, molding, etc.
- Although most door frames are standard, some homes are going to have customized frames. If this is the case, customized door cuts may be required to ensure that the screen door fits properly.
What is going to be included?
- When you purchase a retractable screen door, it will include several materials needed to install it to your house. These kits are going to include the necessary measurements, screws, and bolts. Since most doorways are standard, there should be a kit that matches the appropriate dimensions.
- The manufacturer will also include a warranty since retractable screen doors are used often and factory defects may happen within a short span of time.
How can I save money?
- There are several stores that sell retractable screen doors and each can offer the product at different prices. You may want to check the company’s reputation and compare their prices to get the best value for retractable screen doors.
- If having the door professionally installed, consider using online services such as Service Magic to find the cheapest contractor in your area.
- Consider installing the door yourself. These doors are going to come in kits with easy-to-read directions. Be sure to follow the directions or even follow various videos online to help assist with the process.