How Much Does Rewiring a House Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
The electrical wiring in the house is one of the most important components of a house. The electrical wirings are very beneficial and are also one of the most complicated installations that can be performed. The wiring can get damaged over time due to several reasons; if the damage is not given enough attention, this can cause damage to your property, especially the electrical appliances. To replace old electrical wires in your house, rewiring needs to be done to make sure that all of the wires are checked and replaced, preventing further damage.
How much is it?
- The cost to rewire a house usually depends on how big the house is. Since the wires run through the entire house, the length of the wire depends on the size of the house and how many electrical outlets and switches are needed. The average cost to rewire a house can range anywhere from $1,000 to $20,000.
- Smaller rooms such as a bedroom will cost lower to rewire. The cost is lower since these types of rooms do not need a lot of lights and outlets like a kitchen, for example, would. The cost to rewire a bedroom only can range anywhere from $300 to $1,000.
- According to Construction Deal, a company that has a site which provides information regarding house wiring, the price for rewiring a house can cost you anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 for a single major room such as a kitchen or the living room. Since there are a lot of lighting fixtures and outlets needed in these types of room, the cost can be considerably more.
What is going to be included?
- Most companies will provide a free estimate of the prices to ensure that you do not go beyond your budget for the project.
- All the wires that will be used will be included with the payment that you will give to the contractor performing the job, along with the use of all the tools needed to complete the job.
What are the extra costs?
- The cost to rewire a house can be different since the price depends on the size of the house. For this reason, companies that provide this type of service usually provides estimated pricing. The price can change once the contractors identify the damage is on the current installed wiring.
- Since electrical wirings are installed between walls, there can be additional costs to remove walls that hide the wires. These walls will then need to be replaced or repaired.
- Additional costs will be incurred for the new light switches or outlets the contractors will install during the rewiring process.
- Depending on your geographical location, a permit may be required. Check with your local city to learn more about the permit process.
Tips to know:
- Have a certified electrician check on your house wiring at least once a year to make sure that your house’s wiring is still in good condition. This will allow early signs of decay on the wires to be detected so the damage will be minimal.
- Get involved when your house is being rewired by choosing the appropriate materials that will be used for your house and asking the electricians for different safety tips that can be performed to prolong the wiring’s life.
How can I save money?
- Contractors that perform rewiring are available in your area and they can provide the service at different prices. Make sure that you identify the best contractor and check if they can offer the service at a reasonable price. Use websites such as Service Magic to find the best quote in your local area.
- Choose durable materials when having your house rewired to ensure that they last long and your investment will be worth it.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|