How Much Do Samoyed Puppies Cost?
A Samoyed dog, also know, as a Bjelkier, is a breed commonly found in Europe and Russia. They are known for their fully white long fur and their power to pull sleds. Most of these dogs can weigh up to 70 pounds and are typically 19 to 25 inches tall. The cost of a Samoyed dog is going to vary depending on the location, breeder, age and quality.
How much is it?
- On average, a Samoyed puppy can cost anywhere from $675 to as much as $1,300. An AKC breed will be more on the higher end of the price range, while a puppy without the papers will be on the lower price end.
- Older Samoyed dogs that are over the age of two can cost anywhere from $200 to $400.
- According to the popular breeder’s website PuppyFind.com, breeders across the United States sell their Samoyed Puppies here for an average of $600 to as much as $1,500. The champion AKC lines are going to be more toward the higher end while the non-champion lines will be toward the lower end.
What are the extra costs?
- Transportation/shipping costs may vary depending on where the breeder is located. If you are going to have the dog shipped, most breeders will require that you purchase pet insurance on the side.
- Vaccinations as well as an initial vet check up will be mandatory to ensure that the dog has a clean bill of health.
- General maintenance that includes dog food, toys, shelter, and frequent vet visits will be necessary throughout the life of the dog.
What is going to be included?
- Registration papers as well as their AKC papers should be given if the breed is currently registered.
- Any health papers that show previous vaccinations will be included with your purchase.
- Reputable breeders may also include a health guarantee that insures that the dog is in good health upon receiving it.
- Shelters and breeders may include a crate as well as a start up pack that can include sample food packets, treats, toys, leashes, and more. This is all going to vary depending on the seller.
Tips to know:
- These dogs can become rather large, weighing as much as 65 pounds.
- While this dog can tend to be rather stubborn, they are truly obedient to their owners. They are very good with younger children and love to chase just about any animal due to their hunting instincts.
- Since this dog tends to shed more than other dogs, it’s best to brush their hair at least once a week to ensure that they have a nice, clean coat.
How can I save money?
- Consider finding a breeder in your local area. By finding a local breeder, you will be able to avoid the shipping costs.
- Adopting a dog from a local shelter or purchasing an older dog can save at least 40% to 60% compared to puppy prices.