How Much Do Saxophone Lessons Cost?
Saxophone lessons are really expensive compared to other instrument lessons since this type of lesson requires more time and effort from the teacher. The cost of lessons will depend on the location, the teacher, amount of classes up front and the length of the classes.
How much is it?
- The average price for a saxophone lesson is going to range anywhere from $15 to $40 per half hour. Those teachers who are working in a known music schools can demand as much as $100 to $150 per hour.
- Lessons are generally going to last 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Lessons can often be taken online. While you may not get the experience as compared to someone that teaches one on one, it is something to consider.
- For example, SaxLessons.com will do Skype lessons at a rate of $25 per half hour.
What are the extra costs?
- A saxophone lesson is more effective if you have your own saxophone with which to practice. This will require you to spend an additional amount of money for the instrument itself. A saxophone can cost anywhere from $300 to as much as $9,000 for a professional model.
- Schools and professors often have saxophones that you can rent for the day. Rentals can range from $25 to $80 per month, depending on the model.
- In case there are problems with your instrument during or after your lesson, you may need to bring the sax to a skilled individual in order to fix the problem for you.
- Books of music and exercises may need to be purchased. This will vary according to the teacher and the skill of the player.
What is going to be included?
- Usually, a free use of the center’s saxophone is included in the hourly rate. The only disadvantage of this is that you cannot practice in your home. However, there are other centers that will allow you to bring their instrument to your house especially if you are on a monthly or yearly saxophone class program.
- There are also music books and practice notes included in the package for the sax lesson. This will help the individual to learn more effectively.
- Lessons will last as long as long as you want them to. Generally, a professor will have different types of levels based on your skill. Once a certain skill is met, you will graduate onto the next level.
How can I save money?
- You can personally ask different music training centers about their different prices and the other services and materials included in their hourly or monthly package. Each center is going to greatly vary with their pricing. It is best to get a price sheet to see what is going to be included with your lessons.
- You can ask from your other friends on what training center they can recommend for you to have a better learning on how to properly use a saxophone.
- Consider teaching yourself to play the saxophone using do it yourself books or even you tube videos. If you are able to read music, this will be much cheaper than paying for lessons.