How Much Does a Scissor Lift Cost?
A scissor lift is a platform that allows you to move vertically in the air. Depending on the type of scissor lift, it can either be powered by hydraulics or a mechanical system. These lifts can reach anywhere from 15 to 50 or more feet. These scissor lifts can also hold up to 2,500 pounds, depending on the width. The price of a scissor lift is going to vary depending on the width, height, brand, condition and where you purchase it from.
How much is it?
- A manual scissor lift table that is pumped by hydraulics can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,200. Manual scissor lifts can only reach heights of 4 to 6 feet. For example, the JET DSLT-770 retails for $640 to $1,110.
- Scissor lifts that are designed for automobiles can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $4,000. Commercial grades lifts can cost upwards of $18,000 to $36,000. Smaller motorcycle lifts can start at $300.
- A popular brand such as Genie has lifts that can range anywhere from $20,000 to as much as $130,000 used. If you want to purchase a Genie scissor lift new, it can cost two to three times the used price. Genie has a list of current models that they are offering for sale. Most of the time, they will make you consult with a dealer to get pricing.
- An elevated, automated scissor lift that reach up to 18 feet can cost anywhere from $13,000 to $22,000. A lift that has a capacity of 12,000 pounds with a 72 inch raised height limit can cost anywhere from $19,000 to $29,000.
- For example, AerialLiftEquipment.com always has a list of the scissor lifts that they currently have on sale. They list the height, the year of model, the name and a slight description. Their prices can greatly vary from $2,500 to as much as $15,000.
- Rentals can cost anywhere from $75 to $250 per day. This is all going to depend on what size is needed. Generally, the longer you rent, the more you can save.
What are the extra costs?
- Due to the size of these lifts, specialized shipping companies will be required in order to get the lift from point A to point B. Shipping charges can greatly vary depending on the size of the lift.
- Companies will have to inquire regarding insurance to protect the company’s assets and employees.
- Due to the complexity of the machine, repairs can be necessary down the road. One of the most common parts that can wear down are the hydraulics on the machine. Most mechanics will start $60 per hour for labor alone.
What is going to be included?
- A scissor lift is going to allow you to reach areas that you are not typically able each using a ladder or in areas where you have to stand for a longer period of time. Scissor lifts are ideal for painters and construction workers.
How can I save money?
- Highly consider purchasing a scissor lift used. Sites such as eBay have listings that can easily save you 40%.
- Rentals are ideal for those that only need a scissor lift for a limited amount of time.