How Much Does Scored Concrete Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Scored concrete is a type of concrete that is cut to give an elegant design such as a diamond. When the concrete is poured, it will then be cut into the design of your choice. Once the concrete dries, it will give the appeal of a design rather than a plain sidewalk. Pictures and examples of concrete scoring can be found on sites such as ConcreteNetwork.com. The cost of scored concrete is going to greatly depend on the type of design, the square footage, the company performing the job, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- Scoured concrete is going to vary anywhere from $2.50 to as much as $26 per square foot, depending on what is going to be needed during the job.
- For example, a $2.50 per square foot job is going to give you a plain, simple concrete with a very basic design. A mid range job that varies from $4.50 to $8 per square foot can give you a few different coloring methods, as well as more elaborate, decorative effects. Higher end jobs that reach $15 to $26 per square foot can create advanced designs, stains, as well as other features such as sandblasting, etc.
- According to the website ConcreteNetwork.com, the cost of scored concrete is going to vary anywhere between $2 to $25 per square foot. As mentioned above, it’s going to greatly depend on the type of job that is going to be done. Something that is rather simple is going to cost $2 per square feet while something that is more advanced that includes the stain and cleanup can cost upwards of $25.
What are the extra costs?
- Elaborate designs that must be drawn up by an architect can cost extra. While many concrete flooring companies have basic designs set up, a new template will have to be created if this option is chosen.
- Stain and borders may be extra if the contractor does not include it in the original quote. It is important to get a break down of what you are going to receive when they are ready to pour your floors and start the process. See: “How much does acid staining concrete floors cost?“
What is going to be included?
- A contractor is going to make cuts with a diamond blade. Most contractors will recommend a 30″x30″, 36″x36″ or 48″x48″. The contractor will take the drawing/blueprint and create the design within the concrete using these specialized blades. Once the concrete dries, the designs will be filled in and stained afterwards with the stain of your choice.
How can I save money?
- Always make sure that you talk with at least 3 contractors. Quotes are going to greatly vary. Services such as ServiceMagic allow you to find quotes in your area with the click of a button.
- Consider other alternatives to scored concrete. The more advanced the project is going to get, the more it’s going to cost. Be sure to explore your options because all types of flooring are going to greatly vary in price. While concrete can last a long time in a home, tile and laminate flooring can be very comparable in price.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|