How Much Do Scottish Fold Kittens Cost?
A Scottish fold kitten is a breed of cats that is known for their folded ears. Because of mutation, the cat’s ear tends to bend forward toward their head. Many breeders tend to think that these cats have a “owl” look. Other names for this cat include a Highland Fold, Longhair Fold, and Coupari. When a straight ear cat is bred with a Scottish fold cat, there is a 50% chance that the litter will have Scottish fold ears. The cost of a Scottish fold kitten is going to depend on the breeder, it’s age, and other various factors.
How much is it?
- Since a Scottish fold kitten can come in many different shapes, sizes and colors, the prices are going to greatly vary depending on what kind of kitten you want. Since these cats be rather rare, the price for a cat can cost anywhere from $250 to as much as $1,500. Most purchases will be between the $250 and $500 price range. Show quality based kittens will be more toward the $1,500 price range.
- Older cats that are over the age of 2 can cost anywhere from $75 to $350. While it is rare, there are occasions when local shelters and adoption agencies get an older stray.
- For example, a breeder at AmbersSnowCattery.com has a few Scottish Fold kittens that cost anywhere from $300 to $500.
What are the extra costs?
- Purchasing a cat out of state can result in additional shipping fees. Many breeders prefer to ship their cats through airlines such as Delta and American Airlines. The cost of shipping a cat can cost anywhere from $175 to $350.
- A vet visit is highly recommended upon receiving the kitten. Since many reputable breeders are going to include insurance, you are going to want to make sure that the cat has a clean bill of health.
- Maintenance in the future such as vet checkups, cat litter, food, toys, and crates will be an extra cost.
What is going to be included?
- Pet insurance to ensure that your investment is protected will usually be included by the breeder. If any health issues arise within a few days, a full refund should be given.
- For those that get their cat shipped, a crate will be included.
- Adoption agencies as well as breeders may include a start up package that includes items such as food, toys, and more.
- Most breeders are going to include shots and registration papers if registered with an association.
- Depending on the breeder, most are going to either spay or neuter their pets. This is fairly common among most shelters.
Tips to know:
- These breeds are known for their distinctive ears. Their ears are folded forward. They also have large, round eyes.
- This particular breed has a mellow, laid back personality and their activity level will greatly depend on their ancestry.
How can I save money?
- Check with your local adoption agency to see if there are any Scottish Fold kittens available. Shelters generally take donations and the cat should not be any more than $100.
- Some adoption agencies may offer a repeat customer discount or even those that refer other buyers.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|