How Much Does Sebaceous Cyst Removal Cost?
There are different types of cysts that can grow in the body. While there are many that are non lethal, others can be signs of cancer which can be deadly. One type of cyst that grows in the body is the sebaceous cyst, also known as epidermoid cysts. These cysts are firm, dome shaped sacs that appear beneath the skin. The lumps can grow in different parts of the body such as the face, scalp, chest, ears and neck. This type of cyst can be removed in a surgical or non-surgical way. The cost to remove sebaceous cysts depends on the type of procedure that will be performed by the doctor as well as the location where the procedure will be performed.
How much is it?
- The cost to remove sebaceous cyst can range from $150 to $350 per affected area. This cost will mostly depend on whether a surgical or non-surgical procedure is chosen, although the doctor, size and location of the cyst, and location of the doctor can also be factors.
- For those that have health insurance, consider talking with your provider to see if a procedure such as this one is covered. If covered, you may only be responsible for your deductible or copay. If you don’t have any sort of health insurance, consider using eHealthInsurance.com to find a policy in your area.
- There are different clinics that can help you in removing sebaceous cysts for a price. For example, the website RealSelf.com, a website where professionals and patients alike gather to discuss treatments and cost for any illness, states that the price to remove sebaceous cyst ranges from $150 to $220.
- Kare is a plastic surgery and skin health care clinic that provides services to remove this type of cyst. This type of clinic provides services that can cost anywhere from $200 to $400 depending on the size of the cyst.
What is going to be included?
- Initial diagnosis will be performed by the doctor before they perform the appropriate type of procedure.
- The whole procedure to remove the sebaceous cyst depending on the type of process will be included in the asking price of the doctor.
- Also included are the use of all of the tools and equipment that the doctor will need during the length of the procedure.
- The payment for the use of facilities will also be included with the payment for the removal of the cyst.
What are the extra costs?
- The doctor may prescribe medicines to make the site of the surgery heal quickly. These medicines may be applied directly to the affected area where the procedure was done. In some cases, pain medication will be prescribed as well.
- There are rare cases where the sebaceous cyst will grow well beyond the normal size, and the doctor can charge more for this reason.
- Regular visits to the doctor will be required before and after the treatment, and each visit can be considered as an additional cost.
Tips to know:
- Always seek the help of a doctor if you suspect that you have sebaceous cyst in your body to make sure that it does not get worse.
- Research online on how to prevent this type of cyst from growing on your body. There are plenty of resources that you can find to prevent yourself from ever having to deal with a sebaceous cyst.
How can I save money?
- Prevention is definitely better than the cure. Try to check online and see how you can prevent this type of cyst from growing in your body.
- Make sure that you do not self medicate. Allow the doctor to check you as professional help can benefit you even if there is an initial investment involved.
- Make sure that you check with your insurance provider if they can cover the charges for the treatment. Because some sebaceous cysts are harmless, insurance companies can refuse to pay. The removal must be deemed medically necessary by a doctor.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|