How Much Do Self Defense Classes Cost?
Self defense classes are taught by different private institutions and are also incorporated into some exercise routines. The recent focus on expanding the type of healthy exercise has shown a rise in self defense classes, as they can be considered great exercise. They are also very useful in every day life as a way of basic protection against predators. The cost to take a self defense class depends on the type of self defense class that an individual will take, the length of the class, and the level of the class.
How much is it?
- The establishments that offer self defense classes may focus on different disciplines; depending on this factor alone, the price for their services can be very different. Most establishments charge per hour while some would charge per class until everything is covered. The typical cost for self defense classes per hour can range from $20 to $95.
- Most of the self defense classes currently offered are aimed toward women. The Women’s Self Defense Institute offers different classes at different prices. They offer private lessons that can cost $75 per hour, while classes taken with other people can range from $95 to $99 per session for something such as the Rape Aggression Defense system classes.
- Different types of self defense are also offered by Lisa’s Fitness and they incorporate self defense classes with Yoga classes for maximum effect. The lessons they provide would cover self defense against gun and knife attacks, grabs and chokes. They provide the service for $25 to $30 per lessons that you take.
What is going to be included?
- An instructor will be providing lessons both written and physical. You will be taught the basics of self defense as well as the application of everything taught through a physical demonstration provided by the instructor.
- The use of the facilities as well as the different tools will be included with the payment for the fee.
- Individuals will take part in classes within a specified number of hours per day until every lesson is covered.
What are the extra costs?
- There are different disciplines that you can master. Each discipline will require learning its basics and additional disciplines that you would like to master will require additional payment.
- Some establishments will provide all the necessary equipment and tools, although you are expected to buy uniforms from the school if it is not included with the tuition fee.
Tips to know:
- Learning self defense can be very beneficial, but assess it first to see if it is really necessary for you. If your line of work deals with people that require security assistance, you can go and learn self defense classes and this will greatly help you.
- If you are planning on learning different disciplines, try to focus on one discipline at a time. After you have mastered one particular discipline, move onto the next
How can I save money?
- If you do not really need to learn all of the other disciplines, just pick one that you will be able to excel at and focus on it. You do not have to spend a fortune learning all the different disciplines if it is not really necessary.
- There are establishments that have promotions when you sign up for their classes. Take advantage of these as it can offer the same quality at a lesser price.