How Much Does a Senegal Parrot Cost?
The Senegal parrot is one of the more populare types of parrots that is kept as a pet. One of the reasons that these birds are so popular is that they are relatively easy to breed in captivity. There are people that are involved with the industry who breed and hand-raise Senegal parrots. It should be noted that Senegal parrots can be aggressive and are generally one-person birds that do not usually socialize with other birds. The price of Senegal birds will depend on the age as well as the gender of the bird. The price can be different depending on the store that sells them as well.
How much is it?
- There are subspecies of Senegal parrots that are commonly sold by different online breeders. The price can be different depending on the type of Senegal parrot. Another factor that can affect the price of Senegal parrot is the age of the bird. On average, Senegal parrots can cost anywhere from $250 to $400.
- Older parrots are going to generally cost less than the younger parrots. On average, purchasing an older parrot over the age of two can save a buyer at least $150 to $250.
- For example, parrots are sold by the company Aves International through their website. Aside from selling Senegal parrots, they also sell other types of birds. The cost of Senegal parrots sold by the company ranges anywhere from $350 to $500 depending on the species of the Senegal parrot.
- Bisman, another breeder that sells Senegal parrots of different ages, shows that the price of Senegal parrots can range anywhere from $275 to $400 for younger parrots while older ones can cost anywhere from $450 to $500.
- Birds Now has a site that shows the price of Senegal parrots that they have available. The price of Senegal parrots sold on this site can range from $350 to $400.
What is going to be included?
- Owning Senegal parrots will provide you full ownership of the bird; all of the documents needed to prove ownership and breed will be included when you buy the bird from the seller.
- Depending on the breeder, some breeders may also include a start-up kit that includes food, toys and even a cage to get started.
What are the extra costs?
- To better take care of Senegal parrots, simulating their habitat would provide them comfort. Bird cages and nest holes are needed to be purchased to accomplish this goal. The price of Senegal parrot’s cages will depend on the size and make of the cage itself.
- Senegal parrots will feed on a mix of food that usually includes sprouted seeds and grains. It is recommended that the bird is fed each and every morning. Depending on the brand of food purchased, it can cost anywhere from $20 to $50 per month.
Tips to know:
- Before buying a parrot, try to make sure that there is enough space in your house and that the neighbors will not be disturbed by the noise the bird can make, especially if you live in tight spaces such as an apartment.
- Research how to take care of the parrot or any bird before you purchase it so that you will be prepared to take care of it properly. There is a lot more than just feeding it on a daily basis. These type of birds will also require the proper attention to ensure that they remain happy.
- If you have enough space in your house, you may want to consider purchasing pairs of Senegal parrots so that they can have a companion.
How can I save money?
- There are several breeders both online and in person that sell Senegal parrots. Consider comparing prices to ensure that the best bird is bought at the best price. A cheaper bird does not always mean it is going to be a great deal.
- There are organizations that would allow adoption of pets that were abandoned. You do not have to pay for the pet and the organization will provide it for free including all of the papers necessary.
- Check websites such as Ebay and Craigslist to find used accesories such as cages and toys.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|