How Much Do Senior Pictures Cost?
Senior pictures are taken during a person’s senior year of highschool. The last year in high school is filled with memories with friends and the events that unfold during the last school year. Senior pictures may be able to incorporate some of the memories as well as the personality of the person as a way to capture the senior year. The price for senior pictures depends on the size of the picture, the type of package chosen, as well as the photographer taking the pictures.
How much is it?
- There are more than likely a lot of photography studios in your local area that provide a service to take senior pictures. On average, the cost to get senior pictures taken can range anywhere from $25 to $340 per package. Each package is going to greatly vary in terms of what is going to be included.
- For example, a package that includes one 8×10 and four 5×7 pictures can cost in the range of $85 to $200. A bigger package such as one that includes one 11×14, four 8×10’s and eight 5×7’s could cost upwards of $500.
- Depending on the photography studio, some may offer an “ala carte” based package, where you can pick and choose the exact pictures that you want. For example, one 5×7 could cost $25 to $55. An 11×15 could cost $215 to $325. A mural picture as big as 30×40 could cost upwards of $1,200.
- Portrait Memories, a senior picture service, features several themes such as indoor and outdoor locations as well as digital and chroma key backgrounds that add special effects to the pictures. They offer pictures with different sizes and it can cost $5 to $60 for pictures sized 4×6 to 16×20. These pictures need to be collected 45 days from the day of photo shoot or it can cost $2 to $70.
- Another service such as Tom Ellis Photography provides a senior picture photography service in the Seattle, Washington area. This company provides different packages that include different lengths of the photo shoot as well as different numbers of photos taken. The company offers a budget package to an ultimate package that can cost anywhere from $250 to $500. Other packages may include a number of different poses and shots which can cost $180 to $340.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the type of package that you will get, the inclusion can be different. The client will be able to choose the location where they want the picture to be taken depending on the theme. If you do not know where you want to have the pictures done, many photographers know of great local areas to have pictures taken.
- The establishment will be able to provide outfits that the client can wear. The choices will be limited depending on the package that a client chooses. Most of the time, the senior will bring his own clothes that are his favorites, or perhaps sports uniforms or other school related clothing.
- Whenever you get the service, you will be allowed to pose in several ways depending on the number of poses allowed for the session.
What are the extra costs?
- Although most photographers will provide a set of outfits, it will be limited. There are options to get additional outfits at an extra charge if requested.
- Each additional pose outside of the package guideline can result in an additional charge.
- Fuel surcharges may apply for those that want to have the photographer travel further than he usually does.
- Some photographers will charge a sitting fee in addition to the price of the pictures. This fee will usually be around $50.
Tips to know:
- Most studios provide packages that can accommodate your needs. Choose the best package that will help you save money.
- Do not get tempted to choose higher packages that can cost more even though there will be more perks. Think of the perks that are really important and decide based on this rather than just deciding based on the packages offered.
How can I save money?
- Choose a package that will suit your need and avoid getting the higher end package that offers perks that you may not even need. Choose the package that you will get carefully before finalizing your decision.
- Check with the student’s high school to see if they have any ties with local photography companies. Many photography studios may offer coupons or special promotions to local students.
- In today’s age of digital photography, many people are choosing to take their own senior pictures. This is an option and will save you a lot of money over going to a professional studio.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|