How Much Does Septum Piercing Cost?
Septum piercing is one of the many types of piercings that is becoming more popular the past few years. Piercing can be done to many parts of the body, the ears being the most common, and the septum piercing is one of these. A septum piercing passes through the nasal septum, or the middle of the nose, and is often known as a bull ring piercing. Although it is considered as an extreme way to pierce the body, many people have had this type of piercing done to their body. The cost of septum piercing depends on the establishment where you will get the procedure done as well as the type of jewelry you will use to pierce the septum.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost to have a septum piercing done can range from $30 to $150. The popularity of body piercing has led to the opening of many different establishments that perform the procedure. Some establishments can also perform tattoo services together with body piercings. The different parts of the body to be pierced have different prices and one of the factors why the price of septum piercing can be different is the establishment that provides the service.
- For example, the piercing company Flesh Impressions is a company that provides piercings for the different parts of the body. The company can pierce anywhere from the earlobe to genitals and provides plenty of information for after care and sterilization. The company charges anywhere from $40 to $50 for the septum piercing.
- Pacific Body Jewellry also provides piercing services and they often package it with a piece of jewelry to seal the deal. The company also offers different types of body piercing and offers septum piercing for anywhere from $60 to $84; this depends on whether or not you want only the procedure to be done or if you want a piece of jewelry to come with it.
What is going to be included?
- The establishment that will perform the procedure will make sure that all of the materials and tools used to pierce the nasal septum will be clean and disinfected to avoid infection since the nasal septum is a very sensitive part of the body.
- They will also provide a piece of jewelry that will be placed in the piercing so that the hole does not close. This jewelry is usually of lower quality unless the buyer chooses to purchase a piece of jewelry that is of greater quality. This first piercing should stay in for up to 15 weeks before it is changed.
- The establishment will provide information on how to take care of the piercing to make sure that it heals properly. Most will also include some antiseptic to clean the piercing a few times a day.
What are the extra costs?
- If you consider using other types of jewelry aside from the one provided by the establishment, you will have to purchase it individually and it is considered an additional charge.
- After care medication will also be considered an additional charge; there are medicines that can be bought in local drugstores help prevent infection and speed up the healing process. Medication may also be needed if an infection does occur.
Tips to know:
- Think twice before getting this type of piercing as the nasal septum is a delicate part of the body. This procedure can also cause deformity depending on the type of jewelry that will be used.
- When choosing an establishment to have the piercing done, make sure that the company is certified through the state and look into any reviews that are available online or by word of mouth.
How can I save money?
- Make sure that you take advantage of any special packages the establishment offers. They usually offer jewelry at a discounted rate if you purchase it right after the procedure has been performed.
- Check local papers as well as a company’s website to see if there are any coupons that you can use.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|