How Much Does a Sewage Pump Cost?
The sewage system is an integral part of city development as this is where most of the waste passes. Usually, the sewage system works by moving solid or liquid wastes down a line with the help of gravity, but there are times that these wastes must be moved from one location to an elevated area. This is where the sewage pump comes in, making it an indispensable tool for pumping waste. Sewage pumps are powerful devices that can draw out solid or liquid wastes from a source to be transferred to another location. Sewage pumps have different power ratings and the price is greatly dependent on this. The brand of the sewage pump can also become a factor for the price of it as well.
How much is it?
- Overall, the price of a sewage pump can range from as little as $100 to as much as $3,000. There are different manufacturers that produce different types of sewage pumps; the most popular type is the submersible pumps. The horsepower rating of the sewage pump can affect the price of the product. The more powerful the pumps, the more it is going to cost.
- For example, the 1/2 HP 7,680 GPH Cast Iron Sewage Pump retails for $203 to $300. This particular pump can pump out 7680 gallons per iron and is made from a solid cast iron frame, making for a very quiet operation.
- The company We Got Pumps is one that specializes in selling different types of sewage pumps. They sell low powered pumps whose prices range from $640 to $960, while high powered sewage pumps can range from $1,120 to $2,354. The company also offers sewage pumps for rent. These can be used for flood control and irrigation.
- Another company company such as Sump Pumps USA ships the pumps direct to the buyer’s door and offers free shipping. The price of the sewage pumps that they offer can range anywhere from $360 to $1,100, which varies according to the power of the pump.
- PlumbingSupply.com also offers different types of submersible pumps that have different power ratings. They carry sewage pumps manufactured by different companies and they sell them for anywhere from $322 to $3,235.
What is going to be included?
- Some companies that sell sewage pumps offer free shipping as long as the minimum purchase requirement has been met since sewage pumps can be expensive.
- Sewage pumps will also come with warranty that can last from 1 to 5 years depending on the manufacturer.
- Manuals and other documents that will help the owner operate the machine will also be included.
What are the extra costs?
- There are different attachments that you will need to add to the sewage pump which will depend on the need. These attachments can include hoses and pipes to extend the reach of the sewage pump.
- If professional contractors are required to install the pump, the price can start at as little as $200 depending on the complexity of the job.
Tips to know:
- Choose the sewage pump that will meet your needs and identify how much horsepower you will need to get rid of the waste. For an average household, there is no reason to consider an industrial powered pump.
- Always ask experts or the people where you buy the sewage pumps for advice and suggestions to make sure that you get the right equipment for the job.
How can I save money?
- To save money, you may want to make sure that you get the sewage pump based on your needs. Since high powered sewage pumps can cost more than residential sewage pumps, the price difference could be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
- There are sewage pumps available for rent; if you are not going to use it constantly, you may be better off renting rather than buying one.
- If having a professional install the sewage pump for you, consider using sites such as Service Magic to help find the lowest quote in your area.
- If you need to pay for installation as well, find a company that can offer the sale of the pump and the installation. Using the same company for both services will be less expensive.