How Much Does Sewer Camera Inspection Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A sewer camera inspection is the process of inserting a camera through the pipes and different routes of your sewer system to insure that everything is working properly. This is a great way to prevent spending much more money on sewer system repair should something go wrong. Finding a small problem early rather than having it cause a large problem later will save you a lot of money. The price of a sewer camera inspection depends on several factors such as the length of the camera as well as the quality of video output it produces.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost of a sewer camera inspection can cost anywhere from $150 to $500. There are various plumbing companies that provide sewer camera inspections. Depending on the company, the price can be different. The charge would differ as well based on the length of the piping system as well as the location where the inspection will be performed.
- Camera inspections for larger commercial buildings can cost upwards of $2,000. These type of inspections are usually charged based on how many pipes are running through a home or building.
- For example, The Plumbing Doc, which is located in Bakersfield, California, offers sewer camera inspection services. The company would even remove the charge for the inspection if something is found and they have to perform a repair. The cost of having this procedure done by the company can range anywhere from $175 to $200, and this price is good for piping systems of any length.
- Miracle Rooter is another company that specializes in sewer camera inspections as well as other services that involve plumbing systems. The company is located in the Los Angeles area and they provide the service for anywhere from $200 to $500 depending on the length of the piping system installed in the house. The company makes sure that they work cleanly so there are no traces of holes and digging involved when they perform the procedure.
- A Better Plumber Inc is an experienced company that has been providing plumbing services for more than 25 years, and they offer sewer camera inspection for the price of $350 to $500.
What is going to be included?
- There are companies that provide sewer camera inspection of any length at a standard rate. Some companies may even remove the inspection charges if there are repairs needed to be performed, making it free.
- During this procedure, a plumber will send a camera through the pipes of a home. While sending the camera through, he will check for any build-up or abnormalities throughout the pipes. As this process is done, he will be able to show you exactly what is wrong on the camera screen.
What are the extra costs?
- The length of the piping system that needs to be inspected will add to the total cost of the service since longer piping system can cost more. Some companies may also charge per pipe.
- There are companies that would charge extra if the location of the customer is far from their headquarters, resulting in an additional surcharge.
Tips to know:
- It is a good idea to have this procedure performed periodically. Schedule how many times sewer camera inspection is needed per year to make sure that your plumbing is in good condition.
How can I save money?
- You may want to compare between companies that perform this type of service since there are some that can offer it at a lower price compared to others. But also check the reputation of the company to make sure that you get quality service even if the cost is less than what other companies charge. Use websites such as Service Magic to find the best quote in your area.
- Having your piping system checked can already save you money since this will prevent damage from happening to the pipes which can cost more. Also, you can ask the contractors for safety information on how to properly maintain the sewage system to get professional help and tips on the matter.
- Look for a company that offers discounts to return customers in case you want to schedule this every couple years.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|