How Much Do Shar Pei Puppies Cost?
Shar Pei puppies are well known for their distinctive features of having deep wrinkles and a blue-black tongue. The shar pei, which comes from China, is not as common of a breed as most dogs. This breed of dog also has a muzzle shaped like that of a pig. Most dogs are known to be protective of their owners, and this is also true for this breed of puppies. The shar pei was originally bred to be a guard dog, and therefore these puppies will be very suspicious of strangers. The shar pei comes in two different varieties; the main difference between the two is the number of wrinkles each has in its body.
How much is it?
- Shar Pei puppies are available through pet stores as well as websites on which people post classified ads of puppies they have available. Pet breeders usually price shar pei puppies based on their age, quality of breed and their gender. Because this market is so large and there are so many breeders, the customer has the opportunity to shop for the best price and haggle with the sellers. On average, this breed is going to cost anywhere from $600 to $1,500.
- For example, shar pei puppies are sold through NextDayPets.com. The puppies sold through their site are sold by different breeders from across America. The pups vary in color and age as well as gender. The price of the puppies listed on the site can range anywhere from $650 to $1,500.
- PuppyFind.com is another site that lists seller’s pets via classified ads. The puppies that are sold through their site are very young, with puppies averaging just 1 to a month and a half old. They sell the puppies for anywhere from $600 to $1400.
What is going to be included?
- Owners are obligated to provide the initial vaccinations necessary to prevent the puppies from getting different types of illnesses. They would also bring the puppies to the vet during the duration of their stay with the seller.
- Licensed puppies will also be sold by the owner since they will be required to register the dog upon birth.
What are the extra costs?
- If the buyer is able to get a puppy that has not been registered yet, he will be responsible for registering the puppy. The price of the registration depends on the location where the puppy will be registered since prices vary by city.
- Every animal needs medical care throughout its life; they need to have a regular visits to the vet to make sure that they are in top condition. The price depends on the rate the veterinarian charges.
- Every dog will need the basic necessities such as food, toys, bedding, etc.
Tips to know:
- Taking care of a puppy is a big responsibility since it is another living creature that you will need to look after. The Shar Pei puppies are not that hard to take care of, however, since they are now categorized as pets rather than guard dogs.
- Make sure that the puppies are in very good health condition by taking them to the vet. Although this might be an additional cost, it can prevent any unwanted condition from which your pet may suffer.
How can I save money?
- There are plenty of online resources that post classified ads from different owners, and the prices vary greatly depending on the owner; you should be able to shop around and find a puppy being offered at a low price.
- You can try negotiating with the previous owners regarding the final price of the puppies that they are selling.