How Much Does Shockwave Therapy Cost?
Shockwave therapy is a new technology that uses pulses of sound energy to treat painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system. Several developments in the medical industry have been made throughout the years which enables treatment of different conditions that otherwise have been difficult for earlier medical practitioners to properly treat. Shockwave therapy is procedure enables the body to heal from injuries by stimulating certain components within the body.
How much is it?
- The cost to have shockwave therapy performed depends on the body part on which it will be performed. The location of the clinic where it will be performed will also affect the price of the procedure as well as the number of sessions it will take to heal the injured area. On average, each session can range anywhere from $175 to as much as $350.
- ESWT.com is a website that provides extensive information regarding shockwave therapy as well as other alternatives that you can try aside from this procedure. The price of shockwave therapy according to them can cost $1000 to $1200 for a set of sessions.
- HealingCare.com is another site that shows the price of shockwave therapy in various states. This site shows the cost for radial shockwave therapy. The price range for the procedure is anywhere between $125 and $350 per session. The site can also be useful since it features reviews for the different clinics that offer shockwave therapy.
- Since this procedure really is not deemed medically necessary, most insurance companies will not cover a procedure such as this.
What is going to be included?
- There are different conditions which the shockwave therapy can treat. This includes plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, tennis elbow and jumper’s knee. The therapy stimulates the body’s natural healing process which allows for reduction of pain and improved ease of movement.
- The doctor will discuss how the procedure will be handled and how will they go about performing it. They would also provide the necessary information that the patient needs to know before the treatment starts. On average, the typical patient will need up to 5 treatments in order to see positive results.
- During the initial procedure, the doctor will apply a small amount of gel to the infected area. Positioning the device, the doctor will then transmit shock waves to the area. This procedure will generally take no longer than 30 minutes to complete.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved when you have this procedure done are the added sessions needed to complete the therapy. The number of sessions needed depends on the doctor’s recommendation as well as the extent of the injury. Each body has different healing capacity and the need for the therapy will be based on this as well. As mentioned above, plan on needing three sessions at a minimum to notice any results.
How can I save money?
- To save money, check with your insurance provider to see if your plan would provide coverage for the procedure. The insurance company may cover some or all of the cost depending on the terms of your coverage. It never hurts to call and ask about what they are going to cover.
- Consider talking with your family doctor to see if there are any alternative methods that you can consider before trying shockwave therapy.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|