How Much Does a Shoe Shine Cost?
A shoe shine is the process of cleaning shoes using a variety of cleaning products designed to clean specific materials of which your shoes are made. If you shoes are losing their shine and their new look, try getting the shoes shined reather than buying new shoes. This can make a huge difference. Your shoes will be dusted and afterwards, a chemical will be applied and the shoe is then buffed to shine. Shoe shine service is most often done on shoes that are made of leather. A shoe shine can be done at a stand solely dedicated to the procedure or in some shoe stores.
How much is it?
- The type of the material used to manufacture the shoe is one of the major factors why the price of shoe shine differs. The price will also depend on the amount of dirt the shoe has and the condition it is in, since the amount of cleaning materials that will be used will vary according to these factors. On average, a shoe shine is going to cost anywhere from $7 to $15.
- USShoeShine.com is a shoe shine service located in the DC area that provides leather services and repair. They use several different cleaning methods, and each one depends on the make of the shoe. They can perform a regular shine for the price of $7 to $9. If you want to have them apply Meltonian cream on the shoe, the service can cost $8 to $10. For shoes made of suede, expect to pay $10 to $15; strip and renew service can cost $10 to $12.
- LaundryLocker.com an establishment that provides the shoe shining service. The company also has a website where they post information regarding the type of service that they provide. They offer the service for both leather shoes and boots as well as shoes that are made of suede. The price of their services can cost anywhere from $9 to $30.
What is going to be included?
- The inclusions vary depending on the company that will provide the service to you. There are companies that would let you leave the shoes in a locker that they provide. You simply provide them the information, and they will pick up the shoes and return them to the pick up location.
- The cleaning materials as well as the labor are included with the rates shoe shine services provide.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on the type of cleaning the shoe needs, the price can go up. Remember that the shoes are made of different materials and the cleaning solutions that will be used with them can be different and can cost more.
- Some stores can offer pick up and delivery service and this will cost extra to cover travel costs of the store.
- In some establishments, a tip for the person performing the shoe shine may be expected.
Tips to know:
- Store your shoes in proper locations to avoid the accumulation of dust and other elements. This will prevent the shoes from getting dirty and subsequently lessening the need to have them cleaned every time you wear them.
- The dirtier the shoes are, the more expensive the service can be.
- There are times that you may not actually need a shoe shine service but a simple buffing of the shoe will do.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save on costs of having your shoes shined is to purchase shoe shine kits from a store and clean them yourself. The average cost for a complete cleaning kit can reach up to $10, but you will be able to use it several times, helping you save in the long run.
- Apply cleaning solutions that can deflect dirt or dust so you just have to buff your shoes to make them shine.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|