How Much Does a Shopping Cart Cost?
A grocery cart can provide a customer with convenience while shopping. No matter how many items you’re purchasing, the grocery cart allows you to carry and transport these items easily throughout the store.
How much is it?
- The cost of a shopping cart will depend on the size, materials it’s made from, the company producing it and where the shopping carts are purchased from. On average, shopping carts can cost anywhere from $90 to as much as $250 per cart.
- A liquor store shopping cart can be purchased for $150 to $175. Double basket carts can cost $120 to $175 . A medium or large sized shopping cart can cost $120 to $195.
- For example, the Carriage Trade Service Company sells shopping carts that can be purchased in bulk. Here, small plastic shopping carts of varying styles and sizes are sold for anywhere from $123 to $150 per piece. For a medium to large size plastic shopping cart, the cost would be $165 to $173 per cart.
- WebstaurantStore.com is another store that sells shopping baskets and carts. They only sell one kind of shopping cart, which is a supermarket grocery shopping cart that is priced at $90 to $100.
What is going to be included?
- Shopping carts can be made of metal or plastic, or can be a combination of the two.
- A shopping cart consists of several parts. This includes the main body in which the bulk of the items can be placed. Some of them even have a small foldable baskets in case customers would like to separate certain types of grocery items. Most importantly, shopping carts have wheels that make it easy for them to be pushed around.
- Most companies also offer a warranty for the shopping carts that they sell. For a certain period, the product will be covered from any damage that may occur.
What are the extra costs?
- Shopping carts can get broken due to extensive use. You will need to make sure that you have spare parts with you in case something gets broken. You could also have the carts serviced, but this will also incur additional charges.
- For personalization and branding, shopping parts can also have logos installed onto them. The extra charges will be the additionals part needed to accommodate the printed logo as well as the manufacturing of the logo itself.
Tips to know:
- Make sure that the shopping carts purchased are suitable to use in the stores in which they will be placed. Small shopping carts can be used in small convenience stores since it would surely have smaller aisles, while a variety of shopping cart sizes should be purchased for bigger grocery stores.
- It would not hurt to purchase shopping baskets as they can carry smaller items for the customer and will be cheaper for the store to purchase.
How can I save money?
- There are companies that offer shopping carts at wholesale price. This means that the more items you buy, the more savings you can get per item. Also, be on the lookout for shopping carts sold at discounted prices.
- There are used shopping carts for sale which can cut the price of the item almost in half. Be sure to check the item first before purchasing as the cost to have them repaired may be more than the cost of buying them brand new.