How Much Does a Shower Remodel Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A shower remodel is one of the many changes that a person can choose to do to his house. Through the years, the parts that make up the shower become subject to wear and tear, and if left unrepaired, the damage can get worse. Shower heads can rust and clog, tiles can become stained or cracked, and drains can back up. Even if your shower is in good working condition, you may just want to have a change for cosmetic purposes. Having your shower remodeled will not only help it look better, but it will also address some of the problems that accumulated throughout the years it has been used.
How much is it?
- Shower remodeling involves a painstaking process that involves several procedures. Depending on the type of look you want for the shower, the price may vary. There are designs that can be complicated while others may be simpler. Other factors that must be considered to determine the cost of the remodeling will be the size of the shower and the materials that will be used. Overall, a shower remodel will cost from as little as $1,500 to as much as $20,000.
- Remodeling a shower will greatly depend on the type of shower you would like to have put in. A lower-end shower can range from $1,500 to as much as $3,000. A lower-end shower will include those made out of fiberglass or even a simple one-piece plastic insert.
- A mid-range shower can cost $4,000 to as much $6,000. Higher-end models can cost upwards of $10,000.
- According to the site Repair-Home.com, a typical shower remodeling can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $20,000. The price depends on factors such as the size of the shower and the type of materials that will be used. The price listed is also applicable when hiring a contractor and will include things such as tile work and grout.
What is going to be included?
- The contractor will offer free consultation if you decide to go with their service. They can also offer to purchase the materials based on their design.
- If you hire a contractor to remodel the shower, he will provide the design and estimates of how much the remodeling will cost. He will also provide a list of materials that will be needed for the construction.
- During the procedure, the contractor will be able to pull out the older shower and dispose of it. After it has been disposed of, the contractor will ensure that all the plumbing is in good shape as well as make sure that the walls are waterproof. After an analysis has been made, the contractor will install the new shower.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved when having your shower remodeled are the additional materials or fixtures that you need to buy to add to the remodeling process. Different parts such as bathroom fixtures and towel racks would cost extra. Tiles that will be used to apply on the shower will also cost extra.
- Shower remodeling would only include the construction but not the plumbing. You will need to coordinate the contractors that will remodel the shower with the plumbers and they will be paid separately.
- If the walls around the shower have to be replaced due to mold or any other causalities, additional fees can apply.
How can I save money?
- If you plan to do the remodeling process yourself, buy affordable materials but do not sacrifice the quality since the finished project needs to last for quite some time.
- Hiring the right contractors is key to saving money. Getting the cheapest contractors does not translate to sacrificing better service. Find contractors with good reviews online so you know what their experiences have been. Consider using websites such as ServiceMagic.com to help find the lowest quotes in your area.
- Shower remodeling can be performed by the homeowner. If you feel that you have the right set of skills to perform the project, you can purchase the materials yourself and start the remodeling process.