How Much Does Sirius Satellite Radio Cost?
Sirius Satellite Radio operates in North America and today, they are known as “Sirius XM Radio.” Satellite radio is an electronic device that receives analogue or digital radio signals from one or more satellites. Satellite radios can reach a wider geographical location since they do not depend on terrestrial radio towers. Satellite radio is usually provided by commercial ventures and is on a subscription basis. Sirius is a satellite radio service whose headquarters is in New York City, having extended its arms to Los Angeles and Memphis. The satellite radio service was launched in 2002 and at the time, it was delivering 69 channels of music and a total of 65 streams of news, entertainment and sports to its listeners. Today, however, Sirius offers over 150 channels plus internet streaming. This means that you can listen to the channels through your PC, tablet, or smart phone. This feature makes listening to satellite radio much more convenient, but with this convenience comes a price.
How much is it?
- Actually, the type of package to which a listener subscribes determines the number of channels he or she will be able to listen to. On average, Sirius satellite radio will range from $14 to as much as $20 per month. The following packages are available for a any subscriber:
- All Access Package involves internet listening and streaming over 160 channels. The cost of this package is $18.99 monthly and for subscribers who want to get an annual subscription, they can subscribe for $199.
- The Premier Package entails streams over 150 channels. The monthly package is $17.99, while the annual package is $197.89. The Sirius XM Radio is available for an additional $3.50 per month.
- The Select Package has are over 140 channels to choose from. This package costs $14.49 a month, while the annual subscription for this package goes for $159. Sirius XM Radio is also available for extra $3.50 each month.
- The Sirius Internet Radio only package allows you to listen to over 130 channels on your mobile device or PC via this subscription. The monthly and annual costs are just identical to that of the Select Package.
What is going to be included?
- There is a wide variety of music genres streams in Sirius which broadcasts daily for 24 hours. The music moreover is commercially free and above all uncensored.
- The channels streamed by Sirius are completely free from the FCC content regulation, thus enabling songs to be played unedited for language. Also, the talks programs held at the radio may be featuring some explicit content if it is wished so.
- The satellite radio that is broadcasting Sirius XM will have a screen showing the channel, the song, and the artist or band.
- One of the many benefits of Sirius satellite radio is that it is commercial free. The money that you spend on your subscription is used to allow the music to play uninterrupted all the time. Unlike free local radio, satellite radio will never have a commercial break.
- Another great benefit of satellite radio is that the channels are available no matter you location. Free local radio is only available up to a certain radius before you lose the channel. The channels on Sirius satellite radio, however, are available anywhere you go. Once you find your favorite channel, you will never have to lose it.
What are the extra costs?
- As stated above, if you want to add the XM radio portion to any package, it will cost an additional $3.50 per month.
- Before subscribing, you have to activate your account, which costs you $14.99.
- If you do not have a satellite radio, this will be mandatory to broadcast their channels. The costs can range from $40 to as much as $225. SEE: “How much does a satellite radio cost?“
Tips to know:
- Before signing up as a new customer, consider looking for coupon codes or special offers. Even if you are a current customer, calling up customer support can often lead to discounts.
- No contracts are necessary.
- While there are great advantages of Sirius satellite radio, there are also some disadvantages.
- As mentioned, satellite radio is uncensored, so make sure you are careful when there are children around.
- Because the Sirius channels are not local channels, you will not get things such as traffic reports or local news when listening on your way to work.
- Satellite radio can be affected by weather as well as the terrain of the land. If you are driving in a very hilly or mountainous area, the radio may not work as well or even not at all.
How can I save money?
- The longer you pay in advance, the more you are going to save. If you know you are going to want the service for more than a year, it does not hurt to pay for the year up front.
- In the past, they had lifetime subscriptions; however, these no longer exist. Consider checking on eBay to find units that have a lifetime subscription attached to them.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|