How Much Does Sirloin Steak Cost?
Steak is one of the staples on restaurant menus and in homes because so many people love the taste. There are different beef cuts that can be turned into steak, and each person probably has a preference to which one is his favorite. Some of these cuts are higher quality than others and will therefore cost more than the average steak.
Some of the more popular cuts of steak are ribeye and tenderloin. Some of the lesser known cuts that are still fine piece of meat come from the rear portion of the cow. This part is known as sirloin steak. Sirloin steak is sold either as top sirloin or the less tender sirloin steak. This steak is best served with garlic butter as it enhances the taste of it.
How much is it?
- Sirloin steak is commonly sold in two different forms and the price of the steak would depend on the type of cut. The most prized cut of sirloin is known as top sirloin and this is usually priced higher than what is commonly referred to as a sirloin steak. The source of the steak would also play a factor on what the cost will be. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $5 to as much as $11 per pound at your local grocery store.
- TheTexasSteakWarehouse.com is an online retailer that allows you to make a purchase of steaks online. This website offers sirloin steak as well as other cuts like Ribeye or t-bone. They usually sell sirloin steaks per piece; a cut of this steak that weighs .78 lbs can cost $8 to $11.
- CSUMeats.com offer packs of sirloin steak that contains two pieces of sirloin steak that have a combined weight of 2.3 pounds for $4 to $7 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- Sirloin steak can come from different kinds of beef. It can also be cut differently; some of the cuts available are baseball cut or filet style. Sirloin steak is usually the least expensive steak compared to other cuts such as Ribeye and tenderloin.
- Sirloin is not as tender as other steak cuts, but it can still be cooked without prior tenderizing. This is perhaps the reason why this cut is cheaper than other steak cuts; the fact that sirloin is the cut that yields the most from each source, making it more readily available.
What are the extra costs?
- When sirloin steak is purchased, it will be ready to cook. The beauty of buying steak is that it is already cut and prepared to be put on the grill. You simply need to add seasoning on the product for taste or perhaps marinate it for a while before cooking it.
- If you order online, expect to pay for the shipping and handling charges of the product.
Tips to know:
- As mentioned earlier, sirloin steak one of the least expensive steak cuts that you can find. Other cuts can cost more compared to sirloin steak, so you may only want to buy those for special occasions.
- If you want top class steak, you can purchase top sirloin rather than just the regular sirloin steak. This will be more tender although the price can be higher as well.
How can I save money?
- Buying sirloin steak is already considered to be a money saving way to experience having steak since there are other cuts that are more expensive than this. You can also buy the lesser tender sirloin steak rather than top sirloin.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|