How Much Does a Skid Steer Cost?
Construction is considered to be one of the hardest fields since it is a labor extensive job that requires a lot of energy to accomplish. Imagine moving gravel, sand and other construction materials from one location to another. This is why there are several tools and equipment construction workers use to make their job faster and more efficient.
A skid steer is one piece of equipment that is used for construction mostly for moving different construction materials easily. It is a small rigid frame, engine powered machine that has lift arms where different attachments can be placed to perform wide variety of labor saving tools. The attachments can be used to move mulch; with a snow blower attachment, the skid steer can be used to clear snow on the road.
How much is it?
- Like other types of vehicles, skid steers are available in different models and have varying features and capabilities depending on the model. The price would depend on these features as well as other factors such as the brand name and model of the skid steer as it is manufactured by different companies.
- On average, the price of a skid steer can cost anywhere from $4,500 to $20,000.
- UsedSkidSteerStore.net is an online store that has an inventory of used skid steers. They offer brand new and used skid steers that can be used for a variety of purposes. The price of the skid steers sold at this site ranges anywhere from $4,500 to $15,500.
- Renting a skid steer can cost anywhere from $125 to $200 a week or around $500 to $900 per week.
What is going to be included?
- Each skid steer possesses the ability to have different capabilities due to the fact that there are several attachments that can be installed in front of the skid steer. They can perform a variety of job that ranges from snow clearing to backhoe capabilities.
What are the extra costs?
- You can install several attachments to the skid steer depending on the required job. Attachments range from sand spreader, tooth bar and material bucket. These are all sold separately and would usually cost anywhere from $1,700 to $3,100 brand new.
- Shipping will also be covered by the buyer and the cost to deliver the skid steer would depend on the seller as well as the distance of the establishment to the buyer’s location.
Tips to know:
- Skid steers are usually used for heavy workloads and should only be used as such. If you don’t have heavy workload, you should consider skipping using these since it can be expensive to acquire or get a hold of skid steers.
How can I save money?
- Look for local rental companies that allow these vehicles to be rented. As a matter of fact, most construction companies do not resort to buying skid steer since they rent it. This enables them to save a lot of money since they don’t have to pay for the maintenance of the vehicle when it is not in use.
- Search the internet for different stores that sell skid steers. It’s best to compare at least three stores to get a fairly good idea what each company is going to charge for one.
- Another way to save is by buying used skid steer. They are reconditioned skid steers that have been overhauled and are presented like new. Make sure that you bring in a mechanic that can check the vehicle before purchasing one.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|