How Much Does a Sleeping Bag Cost?
A sleeping bag is a portable bedding system that can be taken almost anywhere. If you are going camping, there are many things that you will have to live without, such as electricity, bathrooms, and air conditioning. However, thanks to the advent of the sleeping bag, you can still sleep comfortably within your tent. Sleeping bags can also be used for travel purposes. If you are traveling to a family member’s home and there are not enough beds for everyone, sleeping bags can be used. They are also great for kids who are having sleepovers with a friend or relative. Sleeping bags can be rolled up into a small ball so they are easy to carry and transport. Once rolled out, a person can lie inside the sleeping bag. Because the sleeping bag is stuffed much like a comforter, it will be comfortable to sleep on and will also be very warm.
How much is it?
- Sleeping bags can be easily found at most stores. Outdoor stores will usually have the best quality, while a store such as Meijer or Walmart will have the cheapest price. There are several manufacturers that make sleeping bags and each can sell the product at various prices. Sleeping bags can also be made from different materials which can also affect the price of the product. Sleeping bags are also available in different sizes, such as those made specifically for kids.
- On average, a sleeping bag can cost anywhere from $25 to as much as $300.
- For instance, a sleeping bag with a stuff sack can retail for $25 to $50. A sleeping bag that comes with a stuff sack is similar to a backpack. This stuff sack makes it easier to tote the sleeping bag around when not in use. For instance, the highly reviewed ALPS Mountaineering Compression Sack retails for $15 to $35.
- A sleeping bag that comes with a pocket attached can retail for $25 to as much as $200. Generally, the higher price sleeping bags are made of a durable fabric and can fit more than one person.
- Water resistant sleeping bags can range from $20 to as much as $300. As the name states, a water resistant bag can get wet, and but it will not get water soaked or ruined, and the person inside will not get wet. These tend to be the most expensive type of bag.
- Technology has played a big part in our lives. When we say this word, electronics is the first thing that pops in the mind, but technology can be applied in a lot of things and sleeping bag is not an exception. For example, RockyMountainTrail.com offers a sleeping bag that features goose down fill for thermal insulation; this is considered to be the warmest insulation material found in this planet. This sleeping bag is made to keep a person warm even in temperatures reaching as low as 40°F. This type of bag usually retails for anywhere from $200 to $250.
- SunnySports.com is another store that sells different outdoor equipment. This site sells sleeping bags designed to be as warm as possible while also being extremely light. The sleeping bag has a snug fit design that resembles a mummy cut bag. The price of this type of sleeping bag can range anywhere between $300 to $450.
What is going to be included?
- Each sleeping bag is scientifically designed to make sure that the user is protected from the long cold nights out in the wild. As mentioned above, a sleeping bag can be long, water resistant. or even come with a special sleep sack.
- There are many sleeping bags that have a built-in pillow. This is more convenient since it will not be necessary to carry or pack a pillow on your trip.
- Most sleeping bags will be able to keep you warm up to a certain temperature. Some bags can reach extreme temperatures while others will only keep you warm in temperatures over 50 degrees.
What are the extra costs?
- When you buy a sleeping bag, it is no surprise that you may be planning to experience the great outdoors. You may have to buy other camping gear, such as a tent, aside from the sleeping bag.
- Some campers opt to purchase a pad that lays beneath a sleeping bag. This type of pad provides extra comfort when laying directly on the ground, and it can protect you from the damp ground and from getting dirty.
- If the sleeping bag does not come with a sack, a sleep sack can be considered an additional expense. Most bags only range from $5 to $20.
Top brands to consider:
- North Face
How can I save money?
- A lot of sleeping bags can be found on sale in the off-season. To make sure that you get the best price, you can purchase sleeping bags while it is not the season for camping as the price would be slashed due to low demand.
- Compare prices online. By checking with more than one retailer, you are bound to find a decently priced sleeping bag.