How Much Do Snake Bites Piercing Cost?
Snake bites piercings, whether done as a fad or simply for self-expression, are common for a lot of young people nowadays. Snake bites originally refer to two piercings placed next to each other anywhere on the body. However, over the years its definition is restricted to two lip piercings that are placed under the bottom lip: one on the left side and one on the right. The piercing materials usually used are rings, studs, or sometimes a combination of the two.
How much does it cost?
- As in all piercings and tattoos, the costs for getting a snake bite depend on the shop to which you go to get it done. However, the average cost for a snake bite will be between $20 and $90. Each shop may charge differently according to their reputation, experience, and location. Shops in areas that have a lot of competition will probably be slightly cheaper, whereas a shop that is in a small city with little competition may charge more simply because they can.
- The price paid when getting a snake bite done is different from the price of the piercing itself. Piercings-body.com lists the price of some studs and rings that could be used to fill the snake bites. One can get a variety of great piercings at $4 to $9 each, depending in the style.
- Another site dedicated to selling snake bites piercing, Shoppiercing.com, shows on its site the different types of rings and piercings that are perfect for the lips. The prices range from $4 to over $60, depending on the material used for the ring or stud.
What is going to be included?
- If you want to have a snake bite piercing, you can go to a shop with or without the studs or rings to be used. The piercer has a wide array of choices of piercings you can choose from. However, if you have already bought a pair beforehand, you can use your own and will just pay for getting the piercing job done.
- Aside from the fact that snake bites are placed on lips, you will be getting two piercings at once. That could be a little more painful than ordinary piercings. Because of that, you can have one pierced at a side first, wait until it heals, and then go for the other one. It is common to have difficulty eating hard foods for the next three days after getting pierced. Getting the bites done a separate times reduces the stress in your mouth and lips. However, others say it is better to just get them both done so you do not have to go through it twice.
- Like any other piercings, there are certain aftercare instructions that will be given to you by the piercer. Usually, the aftercare consists of using mouthwash for the inside of the mouth and cleaning solution for the outer area.
What are the extra costs?
- Piercer’s fee. If you have a pair of studs or rings you want to use for your snake bite, you need to just bring it in a reputable piercer and have get your snake bites done under the hands of a professional. This will cost you money, of course. However, you can be certain of the procedure’s cleanliness. The cost for a piercer depends; but most piercers charge at least $10 for each stud or ring to get done.
Factors that influence the price:
- Location. The price depends on where you are in the country. Some states such as California are known to offer one of the cheapest prices for snake bite piercing. Other states may have higher prices. Most shops in Washington State, for example, charge $52 for each ring and give a discount of $90 for getting two piercings. This is according to Yahoo! Answers.
- The type of pierce you choose to get. Some rings are known to be cheaper than the others, depending on the material being used. If you opt for a 14K gold captive ring as your pierce over ordinary rings, you probably have to spend over $60 for each ring.
Questions to ask your piercer:
- What particular lip piercing would suit me?
- Would it be favorable if I have the snake bites done one at a time or is it okay to have them done all at once?
- Is there a way to see whether the snake bite will look good on me or not?
Tips to know:
- According to About.com, snake bites are considered both external and oral piercings. Because of that, there will be two aftercare instructions you need to keep in mind.
- After getting your snake bites done, you may experience difficulty with eating and drinking for the next three days. In addition, your speech might be a little unclear while your lips are swollen.
- It is also worth noting that you should stay away from cigarettes and alcohol.
- Always make sure that you go to a reputable piercer who is known to get the snake bites done in a clean and safe manner.
How can I save money?
- You can save money if you can buy your studs or rings separately. This way, you will know that the shop is not over charging for the jewelry since you will only be paying for the piercer himself.