How Much Does Sodablasting Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Sodablasting is a type of power washing that includes the use of sodium bicarbonate. In addition to the pressurized water, which is able to blast off most dirt and residue, the sodium bicarbonate can help get rid of tough stains on the surface. This method is so effective that one of its earliest uses was to clean the Statue of Liberty. Other applications include paint stripping, graffiti removal, auto restoration, and rust removal.
How much does sodablasting cost?
- The cost of sodablasting will depend on the surface being blasted, the size of the surface, geographical location and company performing the job. On average, the price of this service will range anywhere from $140 to as much as $220 per hour. It will greatly depend on your geographical location.
- If you are in need of different types of sodablasting, then Xpress Media Blasting has you covered. Xpress Media prides themselves in using only high quality formula that is non-hazardous and is even food grade material. It is also water soluble and safe for the environment – toxic cleaning chemicals are never used by this company. The price of the sodablasting offered by this site can range from $160 to $180 per hour, and they require a four hour minimum for their service.
- AtoZSodaBlasting.com is another company that offers sodablasting. The company’s name is very appropriate since they offer sodablasting for different purposes such as paint and graffiti removal and fire restoration. The company also offers free estimate so you will have an idea how much it would cost you to have the complete surface blasted. The price of the services that they offer can range from $140 to $200 per hour.
- CharlotteSodaBlasting.com is a company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. They can provide many sodablasting solutions. The company offers friendly and professional service to their customers and their attention to detail is second to none. A lot of customers choose their service since they do the job correctly the first time. According to their site, the price to have a surface blasted can range from $140 to $160 per hour.
What is going to be included?
- The companies that offer sodablasting should provide a free estimation for the project. However, you should remember that these are estimated costs; if the job takes longer than the company expected, the price may be higher than you were told.
- Different than most abrasive blasting, sodablasting tends to be environmental friendly. Providing tremendous cutting power for paint and rust removal, sodablasting can not only absorb odors but it can also work with fragile surfaces.
What are the extra costs?
- The number of layers or the amount of paint can greatly affect the price. If the layers are thicker than normal, the process can take a little longer than expected.
- If the surface you need cleaned is too large, equipment such as a lift might be necessary. The rental costs of these machines will make the cost rise quite a bit. However, for most projects around your home, a ladder should be sufficient and the process should not cost any more than average.
Tips to know:
- Sodablasting is done for different purposes and you will need to make sure that it is done sparingly. Instead of letting the surface get dirty over a long period of time, maintain it by cleaning it daily with a simple hose. This will help you avoid paying for the high cost of sodablasting.
- Sand blasting and sodablasting are very similar and each has its own benefits over the other. Research each type and decide which would be ideal for your situation.
- Sodablasting, sand blasting, or any type of power washing can be harmful to the surface if not done correctly. For example, if you are trying to power wash your deck to remove paint or stain, you could potentially damage the wood by blasting too deep. Leave this process up to the professionals if possible.
How can I save money?
- To save money, always make sure that you check what the contractor offers for their asking price. Some can appear to be cheaper but they may offer less quality service than those who ask for more. To find local contractors and their prices, use services such as ServiceMagic.com.
- If you have experience with sodablasting, you can try the job yourself. Just know that you are taking some risks!
- Decide if sodablasting is really necessary or if simple power washing is enough.