How Much Does Soda Blasting Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Soda blasting is one of the many processes used to clean things outside. Cleaning large structures can be hard because of our size, and therefore a new way was needed to clean things such as statues or buildings. There is a process called power washing in which water is blasted through a nozzle onto a surface. This is easier for people to perform because it only involves holding and aiming a hose rather than scrubbing or scraping the surface by hand. Soda blasting is a type of power washing that includes the use of sodium bicarbonate. In addition to the high power of the water, which is able to blast off most dirt and residue, the sodium bicarbonate can help rid the surface of tough stains. This method is so effective that one of its earliest uses was to clean the Statue of Liberty. Other applications of soda blasting include paint stripping, graffiti removal, auto restoration, and rust removal.
How much does soda blasting cost?
- Soda blasting services are performed by experts in this field and should not be done by those that are not experienced. The price of the procedure will depend on the surface which will be blasted as well as the purpose of the blasting. As mentioned earlier, it can be used to clean a surface or to remove paint from a surface. The cost of soda blasting will also differ according to the size of the surface to which the sodium bicarbonate will be applied. On average, the price of this service will range anywhere from $140 to as much as $220 per hour. It will greatly depend on your geographical location.
- If you are in need of different types of soda blasting, then Xpress Media Blasting has you covered. Xpress Media prides themselves in using only high quality formula that is non-hazardous and is even food grade material. It is also water soluble and safe for the environment – toxic cleaning chemicals are never used by this company. The price of the soda blasting offered by this site can range from $160 to $180 per hour, and they require a four hour minimum for their service.
- AtoZSodaBlasting.com is another company that offers soda blasting. The company’s name is very appropriate since they offer soda blasting for different purposes such as paint and graffiti removal and fire restoration. The company also offers free estimate so you will have an idea how much it would cost you to have the complete surface blasted. The price of the services that they offer can range from $140 to $200 per hour.
- CharlotteSodaBlasting.com is a company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. They can provide many soda blasting solutions. The company offers friendly and professional service to their customers and their attention to detail is second to none. A lot of customers choose their service since they do the job correctly the first time. According to their site, the price to have a surface blasted can range from $140 to $160 per hour.
What is going to be included?
- The companies that offer soda blasting should provide a free estimation for the project. However, you should remember that these are estimated costs; if the job takes longer than the company expected, the price may be higher than you were told.
- Different than most abrasive blasting, soda blasting tends to be environmental friendly. Providing tremendous cutting power for paint and rust removal, soda blasting can not only absorb odors but it can also work with fragile surfaces.
What are the extra costs?
- The number of layers or the amount of paint can greatly affect the price. If the layers are thicker than normal, the process can take a little longer than expected.
- If the surface you need cleaned is too large, equipment such as a lift might be necessary. The rental costs of these machines will make the cost rise quite a bit. However, for most projects around your home, a ladder should be sufficient and the process should not cost any more than average.
Tips to know:
- Soda blasting is done for different purposes and you will need to make sure that it is done sparingly. Instead of letting the surface get dirty over a long period of time, maintain it by cleaning it daily with a simple hose. This will help you avoid paying for the high cost of soda blasting.
- Sand blasting and soda blasting are very similar and each has its own benefits over the other. Research each type and decide which would be ideal for your situation.
- Soda blasting, sand blasting, or any type of power washing can be harmful to the surface if not done correctly. For example, if you are trying to power wash your deck to remove paint or stain, you could potentially damage the wood by blasting too deep. Leave this process up to the professionals if possible.
How can I save money?
- To save money, always make sure that you check what the contractor offers for their asking price. Some can appear to be cheaper but they may offer less quality service than those who ask for more. To find local contractors and their prices, use services such as ServiceMagic.com.
- If you have experience with soda blasting, you can try the job yourself. Just know that you are taking some risks!
- Decide if soda blasting is really necessary or if simple power washing is enough.