How Much Does a Spray In a Bed Liner Cost?
A bed liner is a protective layer in the bed of a truck that is used ensure that the bed will stay in good condition. If you want to protect the bed of your truck from rust, scratches, and marks, the best option you can use is applying a spray-on bed liner. A spray-on bed liner is a thick coating which is applied to truck beds. As a matter of fact, compared to putting on a plastic or canvass cover on the truck bed, a spray-on bed liner is easier and more convenient to use. Unlike the former, you will no longer need to spend time replacing the cover just to protect your truck bed. It will take less than 60 minutes to apply the spray-on bed liner.
How much does it cost?
- Check with various hardware stores and see how much they charge for a spray-on bed liner. The cost will vary depending on the brand and quality of the product. On average, the cost of the spray cost anywhere from $17 to as much as $175. This is for the materials only and will not include the installation.
- At Amazon.com, for example, you can find various spray-on bed liner products and their corresponding prices. The cost of spray on bed liner ranges from as low as $17 to as high as $117. For example, a brand with anti-stick feature and bed liner kit costs around $246 while another spray on bed liner kit with spray coating gun is being sold for $79. Other products that come with a spray gun cost $19, $69, $115, and $175.
- If you want to have a professional do the job for you, the costs can hover around the $250 mark but can rise to as much as $600.
- For instance, on the website F150Online.com, users claimed that they paid around $250 to as much as $450 for a professional job.
What is going to be included?
- A spray on bed liner may come with a bed liner kit, spray gun, bed armor, and other features. This installation can do done either with heat (aromatic) or without (aliphatic). Application with heat is more durable in repelling UV rays and therefore keeping its color. Application without heat is usually the cheaper option but may fade over time.
- The majority of spray on bed liners are black in color; however, there are available in common colors. Spray on bed liners can be either smooth in texture, making it very easy or clean; they can also be rough, like the texture of sand, to provide traction and prevent slipping.
- Some spray on bed liner products with added features may cost more than regular or standard products.
- If you are ordering the spray-on bed liner online, try to check whether the shipping cost is included in the selling price. Some products will offer free shipping costs or discounts while others will charge extra for this. Shipping of products usually takes two to three working days.
- During the procedure, the bed liner will be taped off, similar to a wall in a home near the ceiling. The liner will then be applied to the entire truck bed. After the liner has been applied, it will be allowed to dry for up to two hours. After it has been dried, an additional coat can be added if necessary.
What are the extra costs?
- Hiring someone to apply the spray-on bed liner for you will cost you more than doing the thing yourself. The cost would depend on the degree of difficulty of the task as well as other factors such as the location and the standard fee of the person you are hiring to do the task.
- Many professionals will stick to a standard color such as black. If you want an exact match with the colors, you may have to spend an additional $50 to $150.
- If you are going to do two coats of the spray on bed liner, you will have to pay extra for supplies as well as installation since the job will take twice as long.
Tips to know:
- If you are going to do the installation yourself, there are two things that are very important. First, make sure that you tape job is done very well to prevent the spray from getting on the body of the truck. Do not be afraid to tape more than necessary just in case. The second thing to remember is to use smooth, slow, even strokes back a forth with the sprayer to make sure that the application is even. It may be a good idea to practice somewhere off the truck before starting.
How can I save money?
- Search online for promotions and product discounts such as those offering free shipping or delivery.
- You can also look for free coupons online which you can use to get a spray-on bed liner product.
- If you want to save some money, you can check this guide for instructions on how to use a spray-on bed liner. That would minimize the cost of hiring someone to do the work for you.
- If you are purchasing a new truck, negotiate with the car salesman to get a truck bed liner included in your purchase.