How Much Do Taekwondo Classes Cost?
Taekwondo is another term for a modern Korean martial art; this word means foot, fist and art. There are several centers that offer taekwondo classes for different rates and many have varying schedules. The cost of these lessons is going to vary according to the location, the teacher performing the class, the level of the student, and other various factors.
How much is it?
- The average monthly fee for taekwondo classes is anywhere from $50 to $300 per month. This entails the regular class, which means that you have to take the training up to three times per week. On average, each class is going to take up to a hour. Classes can range anywhere from 10 to 25 members at once.
- For example, the Clato Day’s Tae Kwon Do School in Connecticut charges $64 a month for their classes.
- Private lessons one on one through an instructor can cost anywhere from $35 to $75 per lesson.
- Annual payments for taekwondo can range from, $1,800 to $3,500 for regular classes. If you wanted to take the classes with smaller schedule or shorter span of training, then you can inquire directly from the training center since this needs a case to case analysis to compute the rate.
- According to a forum thread over at DCUrbanMom.com, users claimed that it could cost anywhere from $130 to as much as $175 per every 4 weeks. It was also noted that the geographical location will greatly influence the price.
What are the extra costs?
- You may need to sign up in the training center; because of this, you may have to pay a registration fee. This will can cost $20 to $100.
- If you want to have extra uniform and paraphernalia, you need to spend extra since most of the training centers will only provide 1 uniform and training material per person. Karate uniforms are not always necessary, however.
- Belt tests and flags can cost anywhere from $15 to as much as $55.
What is going to be included?
- Training centers will provide a uniform, belt, belt stretchers, and shoes to each trainee. This is usually included in the monthly payment and registration fee.
- Classes will range anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour. During this time, you will learn self defense techniques as well as the curriculum associated with Taekwondo.
How can I save money?
- Ask different training centers about their offers on taekwondo classes and compare it with the other centers in order to know if which one offers the best yet most affordable training. Many centers in the area will have their prices listed right on their website. If not, a quick call should yield a free quote. It’s not uncommon to find a school that offers a free class. If you can find a free class, try to take advantage and see if it’s something that you’re comfortable with.
- Ask about the services and materials included in their package since each center offers different kinds of materials and services.
- Many offer discounts if you bring a family member, friend, or sign up for a membership.
- Check local papers for coupons or promotions currently going on that you can take advantage of.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|