How Much Does Tattoo Eyeliner Cost?
Tattoo eyeliner, also known as micropigmentation, is a process that is very similar to tattooing. Permanent eyeliner is very similar to eyeliner that can be found on store shelves. This procedure can save you time in the morning, since eyeliner will not need to be applied on a daily basis. The cost of tattoo eyeliner is going to vary depending on the clinic, location, whether you use a tattoo shop or a professional, as well as a few other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, permanent eyeliner is going to cost anywhere from $150 to as much as $950 per eye. The total procedure for both eyes can cost a total of $500 to $2,000.
- For example, the Permanent Makeup Clinic based in Virginia charges $450 for both upper and lower eyeliner, or $250 for upper or lower eyeliner.
- While it is recommended that this permanent eyeliner is done by a medical professional, tattoo shops can do the job as well for a lesser rate. Tattoo shops can charge anywhere from $300 to $550 per eye, saving you at least 40%. If choosing a tattoo shop instead of a medical professional, be sure to do your homework before signing up. Ask for references or pictures of other people they have done.
- According to the website PermanentEyeliner.com, the cost of tattoo eyeliner can cost anywhere from $75 to $200 per eye. While the results might not be as great as a professional cosmetic surgeon, it will be a lot cheaper for those that are on a budget.
What are the extra costs?
- Through a medical professional, a follow up appointment may be necessary to ensure that the results are met.
- Creams or topical lotions will have to be applied for a few days after the eyeliner is placed.
- Touch ups in the future may be necessary if the eyeliner starts to fade.
What is going to be included?
- Permanent eyeliner can be had in many different shades and colors. A professional will be able to meet with you ahead of time to pick out the colors that you want to have. Once the procedure starts, a small amount of pigment will be dotted in between your eyelashes, giving the look that you are wearing eyeliner but without the hassle of applying it.
- Also known as micropigmentation, an array of colors will be implanted underneath the eye, similar to a tattoo process. After the procedure has been done, it will look very similar to that as of natural makeup. Before having the process done, make sure that you look at pictures of jobs that the surgeon or artist has done in the past to ensure that it’s something that you want done.
How can I save money?
- Don’t go cheap with a professional because you may get what you pay for. When choosing a professional, you should ask to see some before and after pictures of previous patients. While choosing a tattoo shop can be cheaper, they may not be certified. Always do your homework before deciding on this procedure. It is very hard and expensive to undo the procedure if it is done incorrectly.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|