How Much Does a Teacup Yorkie Cost?
The Teacup Yorkie is one of the cuddliest dogs available. As the name implies, the Teacup Yorkie is an even smaller type of dog from the already small terrier breed. Teacup Yorkies are very adorable and cuddly and would be a perfect puppy to carry around. They can be kept as pets or as an companion based on the needs of the owner. The typical cost for teacup Yorkie usually depends on the seller of the dog online.
How much is it?
- The average cost to have a Teacup Yorkie can range anywhere from $300 to as much as $5,000. Most purchases will fall within the $1,000 to $2,000 price tag range. Due to the rarity of these dogs, it is not uncommon to see dogs reach the higher $3,000 price range. There are several factors why the price of Teacup Yorkie can be different. The most common way to purchase this dog is through online breeders, but each breeder charges differently.
- For example, Next Day Pets is an online store that posts advertisements for pet owners that would like to sell their pets. The owners that posted the ads would provide sufficient information regarding the dog that is being sold. According to the site, the price for teacup dogs can range anywhere from $400 to $1,500. Younger puppies are also sold on this site and they can be more expensive. They can cost $1,500 to $5,000 depending on the size and the age of the puppy.
- Cassie’s Closet is a breeder that sells different breeds of Teacup Yorkies that are still little puppies. The price for the puppies would still depend on the age and gender of the dog. These dogs are usually used for shows as they are little and very adorable. The price for the Teacup Yorkies sold through them can range from $1,000 to $4,095
What is going to be included?
- The inclusions can be different depending on the seller of the pet. The sellers would usually include a registration as most of them provide names for their pets.
- The dog may already be de-wormed and would have a health certificates as well.
- If shipping the dog overseas or throughout the United States, a durable shipping crate will be included.
What are the extra costs?
- Feeding the dog is very important and this is already considered as an additional cost. Dog food should be fed to the dogs, and the price can change depending on the brand and seller. See: “How much does dog food cost?“
- Dog accessories, while optional, are available for sale. Since dogs are playful animals, it is a good idea to buy them toys as well as chewing bones to help maintain healthy teeth.
- Common maintenance down the road such as vet checkups will be necessary. These types of breeds are commonly known for health problems due to their fragile state. If problems persist, additional surgeries may be required.
How can I save money?
- Try to go for adoption if you do not have enough money to afford a new one. Organizations that allow adoption of pets would also give out certificates of ownership as well as medical shots. These can cost over $100, but the owner would provide the basic necessities of the dog.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|