How Much Do Teddy Bear Hamsters Cost?
A hamster is a type of rodent that is often kept as a pet and can be lively and very active. There are different breeds of hamsters available and one such breed is the teddy bear hamster. These are considered to be the “supermodel” of hamsters as their features are far superior compared to other hamsters. Teddy bear hamsters are prized because of their beautiful coats and the length of their body. The price for these hamsters depends on the quality of breed as well as the gender. The seller would also have the discretion on the price of the animals.
How much is it?
- The average price of a teddy bear hamster can range anywhere from $5 to $50 per hamster. There are several factors why the price of teddy bear hamsters can be different. First is the gender of the hamsters since male and female teddy bear hamsters have different characteristics. The most important factor for the difference in price is the rate charged by the store or breeder.
- Major pet stores such as Pet Smart commonly have these hamsters in stock and can retail for $20 to $30.
- Yakaz.com is a pet classified ad website that posts items for sale and offers this type of animal. People that visit this site can find teddy bear hamsters sold by other individuals. The price for the hamsters according to this site can range from $5 to $30 per hamster; this is the price for both male and female hamsters.
- PetClassifieds.us is another site that shows classified ads posted by different hamster sellers. The site features a variety of animals that can be kept as pets and this includes the teddy bear hamster. The price for the teddy bear hamster on this site can be anywhere between $5 and $50.
What is going to be included?
- Since most of hamsters are sold by private individuals, the inclusions can be different when you purchase a hamster. Some sellers may include a free cage as well as other accessories, such as the play kit where hamsters can run around and exercise.
What are the extra costs?
- Some pet owners that sell hamsters would require to be paid a re-homing fee, which can cost up to $10 per hamster.
- Other costs would be buying a brand new cage and accessories that the hamster can use so that they will be able to showcase their playful ability.
- Food can start at $5 to $15 per month depending on the brand and quality of food that is purchased.
Tips to know:
- There are sellers that may offer hamsters in pairs rather than individually. Try to look for these special offers as they often sell it them a discounted rate.
- Check other varieties of hamsters that you may like since not everyone may not think teddy bear hamsters are as cute and playful as others.
How can I save money?
- Hamsters are generally cheap, but the real way to save money is considering adoption. By adopting a pet, not only do you save money, but you can also save an animal that previously had no owner. These types of hamsters can commonly be found for free at local shelters.
- Watch out for pet owners that sell hamsters in pairs as they are often sold at a discounted rate.
- Purchasing a hamster on a site such as those mentioned above can save you money; these pets will usually come with a cage and accessories since the previous owner will no longer need these things.