How Much Does Tempered Glass Cost?
Tempered glass is a type of safety glass that is treated with heat or chemicals to increase its strength compared to normal glass. If tempered glass is broken, it will not break into sharp shards of glass the way that non-tempered glass does. Instead, tempered glass shatters into much smaller granules of glass. These granular chunks of glasses are less likely to cause injury that larger shards of glass. Tempered glass is used in most commonly used in automobiles but can also be used in the home or even commercial buildings. Pieces of tempered glass comes in different sizes, and this is the biggest factor which determines the price of the glass.
How much is it?
- The range of the price of tempered glass can go anywhere from $20 to $45 per square foot depending on the size of the piece. Tempered glass can be used with many different types of items. It is used in windows, doors, and even on tables. Since this type of glass is less likely to cause an injury, it is preferred over normal glass. The price of tempered glass depends on the size of the glass. The price differs as well depending on the type of item it will be used for.
- A local company based in Garner, North Carolina sells tempered glass by the sheet. Their prices can range anywhere from $49 to $150 depending on the size of the piece. For example, a 4″ x 10″ piece would cost $49 while a 42″ x 24″ would cost $154.
- Items such as a piece of vessel tempered glass can cost $230 to $250 while a bathroom fixture that is made of tempered glass can cost $1,470 to $1,509. A security mirror is also available and is priced from $57 to $88.
- Tempered glass panels can also be used as a fixture in the bathroom or in the kitchen. The price of these panels depends on the size. For example, the office supply store Staples sells them for $19 to $23 per 5 pack panels. These panels have smooth edges for added safety and can be interconnected with other panels.
What is going to be included?
- Tempered glass includes free shipping from the seller if the minimum purchase price is met. However, most sellers will include this in the selling price since the item is fragile and it needs additional care to be shipped.
- Customized cuts or colors can add to the overall price. Some companies may be able to remove the jagged edges for an additional fee. Common colors in which you can find tempered glass are clear, bronze, and gray.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs will differ depending on the type of tempered glass that you will buy. Since tempered glass can be bought to be installed in windows and other fixtures, the additional cost would involve paying for the installation of the glass. Installation costs will greatly depend on the size of the job, etc.
How can I save money?
- Customized cuts are going to cost a lot more than a standard factory cut. Consider purchasing a sheet direct from the factory rather than getting a customization.
- If hiring a professional to help with the installation process, consider using online services such as Service Magic to help find the best quote in your area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|