How Much Does a Tennis Court Cost?
Tennis courts are most often made of asphalt or concrete that is colored green or sometimes blue. These courts usually have the same specifications, and the price depends on the type of surface applied during construction, where the court is being built, the complexity of the setup, if it’s going to be indoor or outdoors, the contractor and geographical location. Since each job will be unique, the prices will be all over the place.
How much does a tennis court cost?
- The price of having a tennis court can range anywhere from $40,000 to $80,000. Since tennis courts usually have the same area specifications, the price for constructing one is only different based on the materials that will be used and the company hired to build it. Other factors why the price can be different are not due to the size of the playing field itself, but by the size of the surrounding area such as the spectator’s area.
- For example, ConcreteNetwork.com does not directly offer tennis court construction but; however, they offer to locate a suitable contractor that can perform the construction for you. They also provide lists of the different prices of having a tennis court built. They show that the cost of having a tennis court constructed ranges from $40,000 to $45,000 for basic asphalt courts.
- Fast Dry Courts is a company that specializes in building tennis courts. The company builds the tennis court on a properly prepared sub-grade. This means that the construction will only start after the site has been prepared for the actual court construction. The price range for their services can fall between $28,000 and $80,000.
- Another company that can provide tennis court construction is Tennis Court Repairs. Their website shows that the cost of having this type of court constructed can range from $25,000 to $50,000 without lighting.
What is going to be included?
- The contractor will provide the full service of constructing the tennis court. This means that the concrete or asphalt and other materials will be included with the fee. Finishing the court with paint and the necessary lines should also be included with the service. All contractors will have their own inclusions.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional cost can include the lighting for the court, which may be needed for night games. This is an important part of the court since the court will be useless at night without the lights.
- Additional features such as bleachers, a gate or fence around the court and additional nets can cost extra depending on the package that has been purchased through the particular contractor.
Tips to know:
- The best way to pay for a tennis court is by renting it out to people for use. If you are the private owner, it can be rented out for matches, leagues, lessons, or open play on an hourly basis to help cover the cost.
How can I save money?
- Having a tennis court built can be fairly expensive and you have all the right to look for a contractor that can offer it at a low price. Use websites such as Service Magic to help find the cheapest quotes in your area.
- If you are not going to use the tennis court that often, another option is to rent a tennis court which costs considerably lower than having one built.