How Much Does Tenting a House Cost?
Tenting a house is the process of completely covering a house with sealed nylon tent, and then filling it with poisonous gases that eradicate termites. Termites have been one of the most prominent pests that invade our homes, and they can be very hard to terminate. If left untouched, termites can bring down the value of your home, and can literally bring down your house. Over the years, there have been ways developed to effectively kill termites. Fumigation is one of the most effective ways to kill them; however, due to the poisonous gases, a house that needs to be fumigated should be tented to protect the surroundings. The cost to tent a house depends on the size of the house and the company you choose.
How much is it?
- Tenting a house can range in price anywhere from $500 to $4,000. Companies that provide the service of tenting a house offer it at different prices. Also, when you find a company that will provide the service for you, the price can differ depending on the size of the house to be covered. The price can be charged per a specific area or it can be charged per the complete size of the house.
- On average, plan on spending anywhere from $30 to as much as $60 per thousand cubic feet of area.
- The cost can also be charged per linear square foot. For example, a house that has a size of 1,250 square feet can command $1,250 to $2,500 for the procedure.
- Hip Home Improvement Projects is a website that offers suggestions and tips on how to remove termites from your house. The site also mentions the price for tenting a house for termite fumigation, which is reported as falling between $30 and $45 per one thousand cubic feet of area that will be covered.
What is going to be included?
- There are several procedures that will be included when you decide to have your house tented for fumigation. Depending on the type of procedure, the process included can be different. Lethal gas that is pumped inside the house is included with the service. Another procedure that is an option is hot air being blown inside the tent until it reaches a temperature that can kill the termites.
What are the extra costs?
- Since it is likely that the infestation can occur again, there are companies that sign up their first time customers to an annual renewal service.
Tips to know:
- Tenting a house for fumigation is just one way to remove or terminate termites from your house. There are other ways to eradicate termites which may be more suitable to your needs and which may be cheaper.
- Always ask the contractor to identify which method of termite removal is the best way to go for your house. Tenting is not always the best option. This should be your last resort.
- Extermination is actually saving you money, since the longer the pests stay in your house, the more damage they will cause.
How can I save money?
- The different types of termite extermination contractors that are offered at different prices. There are other ways to exterminate termites that can cost less compared to tenting a house. You may want to consider these options before you opt to have your house tented.
- When hiring a contractor, be sure to receive at least three quotes before signing up for a contract. Websites such as Service Magic can help find the best quotes in the area.