How Much Does A Testosterone Test Cost?
Testosterone testing is a procedure performed to identify if a man has high or low levels of testosterone. Irregularities such as infertility, erectile dysfunction, and early signs of puberty in a young boy are some of the reasons why a testosterone test is performed. Through this test, doctors can make proper diagnosis on how to treat these conditions and others. Testosterone tests’ price depends on how the procedure will be performed since there are home testosterone test kits available in the market and it can be done in a medical facility as well.
How much is it?
- Testosterone tests can be performed at home with testosterone test kits or they can be done by a medical professional as well. The price usually depends on how the test will be performed. Another factor why the price differs is the brand of the kit that will be bought should you choose to check testosterone levels at home. The average price of testosterone test kit ranges anywhere from $35 to $109. These at home kits will then have to be shipped off to a lab for the test results, which will lead to another fee.
- For example, ZRT Labs has a Testosterone Saliva Hormone Level kit retails for $34 to $44. Once the test has been done and sent in, the results will be provided within 7 to 10 days.
- AntiAgingGuide.com is a site that offers testosterone test kits that range in price from $85 to $109. The kits that they sell include testing of DHEA as well, which is a hormone that is essential for a person’s optimal well being.
- Test Me Health is another company that provides testosterone test kits. Unlike other companies, the company offers just the test kit itself and offers the other services such as providing results and lab processing at different prices. The cost of the test kits according to the site can range anywhere from $35 to $40.
- A testosterone test performed in a doctor’s office will cost between $50 and $200. This will cover the office visit and results. Depending on your insurance, this may be even cheaper.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on where you purchase your testosterone test kits, the inclusions can be different. There are facilities that offer the testing kits for the specimen to be collected at home, which would also include lab processing fees, instructions, results chart and return shipping and handling.
What are the extra costs?
- The additional costs depend on the offer or the arrangements made with the company that will perform the procedure. There are companies that would include shipping and handling as well as the other fees with their package, but there are others that charge separately for this.
- Most labs are going to charge an additional results fee. If the results are required within 24 to 48 hours, expedited fees can apply as well.
Tips to know:
- It would be a good idea to perform the test with consent from a doctor to make sure that you are on the right track. Medical professionals will be able to provide the best course of action for specific conditions.
- Maintain your health by making sure that you have annual check up so that your doctor will be able to identify if there are any issues going on with your body.
How can I save money?
- Companies can offer this procedure in packaged price and this will allow you to save money since all of the fees relevant to the procedure will already be covered. The price can be higher if these fees are charged separately.
- If this test is deemed medically necessary, it would be in your best interest to go to your doctor. Insurance coverage would be the cheapest way to go.