How Much Does a Thyroid Test Cost?
A thyroid test is performed as a way to find or rule out several conditions that can occur in the thyroid gland. There are several conditions that affect the body, and it can be hard to determine the cause and therefor hard to fix the proble. This is the reason that tests such as the thyroid test may be recommended by your doctor. Some of the symptoms of having trouble with the thyroid gland are tiredness, weight loss, increased heart rate, and heat intolerance. Weight gain, dry skin, constipation and frequent menstrual periods can also be signs that there is something wrong. These symptoms can be caused by thyroid gland problems and can only be confirmed by performing a thyroid test.
How much is it?
- Thyroid tests are performed by different clinics and they are priced differently depending on the location of the facility where the test will be performed. There are different types of tests such as thyroid stimulating test which can cost different from one another. Depending on the type of thyroid test, the price can range anywhere from $30 to as much as $200 per test without any type of health insurance.
- For example, HealthTestingCenters.com is an online service that offers fast results that remain confidential. This center even offers a money back guarantee for their services. The company offers at least 8 types of tests to check the condition of the thyroid gland. For thyroid function tests level 1 to 2, it can cost $99 to $179. Thyroid profile test and free T3 and T4 tests can cost anywhere from $39 to $129. Another test that they perform is TSH, also known as the thyroid stimulating hormone, which can cost $79 to $85.
- AccesaLabs.com is another online company that offers thyroid gland testing. They also offer different types of thyroid tests that can be individually performed or can be done as a thyroid panel. The tests that they offer can range anywhere from $60 to $130 while thyroid panels can cost $145 to $235.
What is going to be included?
- The first test used to check the function of the thyroid is usually the thyroid stimulating hormone test. Depending on the result, the diagnosis can be different. If the results of the TSH are high, it can suggest hypothyroidism; results that show low levels suggest hyperthyroidism.
- Other tests can be used to diagnose conditions like thyroiditis or inflammation of thyroid and autoimmune thyroid disease.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved when undergoing the test are any additional tests that may be required by the doctor. The doctor might order several thyroid tests in order to identify the root of the problem in the thyroid, and they may even ask for periodic testing to monitor the progress of the condition.
- The appointments with your doctor will cost extra. These can include the intial visit when the tests are ordered as well as an appointment to read the results and any follow-up appointments.
How can I save money?
- There are clinics that can offer the test at a discounted price. They will determine the price of the test based on the income of the patient that is in need of the test. Consider looking at some websites online which can provide fast and accurate test results.
- Your insurance provider will be able to provide assistance for the test. Check you coverage to see if some or all of the cost of the test will be covered by your insurance.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|