How Much Does Tint Removal Cost?
Tint removal may need to performed for a variety of reasons. People have their windows tinted as a way to lessen the amount of sunlight that enters the vehicle. This makes the temperature lower since heat does not penetrate the windows making for a more comfortable and cool ride. Tint also allows for privacy since most tints are dark which makes the inside of the car less visible. However, there are laws determining how dark the tint on windows can be and regulating which windows can be tinted and which cannot. If the tint does not comply with these local laws, the tint will need to be removed. Tint removal should be done carefully since adhesive is used to install it. There are establishments that can perform the removal for you; they have the right tools, equipment and personnel that will do the job correctly and cleanly.
How much does window tint removal cost?
- Tint removal is usually offered at establishments that also sell and install tint. The cost to remove tint usually depends on how big the window is and how much tint is there to remove. Establishments usually charge the service on a per-window basis. On average, plan on spending around $10 to $100 per window.
- IconicTinting.com offers per-window tint removal for side windows, removal for back windows, as well as a package for the whole car. The prices of the removal services offered by this establishment range anywhere from $20 to $100.
- TintProsMobile.com is another company that provides tint removal services. They can remove the side window for $15 while a 2 door coupe can cost $90. The removal of tint for a 4 door sedan can cost $110.
What is going to be included?
- Tint removal service providers will be responsible for removing any remaining tint from the window. Upon removal of the tint, they will also clean the window to make sure that it is spotless.
What are the extra costs?
- If you have several windows that need to have the tint removed, remember that all each window will be priced separately.
- If the tint has to be removed at your home instead of in the shop, a traveling surcharge may apply depending how far the company has to travel.
Tips to know:
- Companies that offer tint removal services for cars can also perform tint removal for other types of windows such as houses and other structures. The price for the job can be different depending on the type of tint the window has.
- If you are careful enough, you can remove the tint yourself. There are products available that can make it easier to remove the tint. These products could lower the cost of tint removal procedure to $1 per car. For example, a popular spray is available online that costs less than $5.
- If you’ve recently received a ticket from a police officer, it’s best to get rid of the tint immediately. If they catch you with the same tint again after your first ticket, the second fine can be hefty.
How can I save money?
- Some companies that offer tint removing services can offer their service at discounted price. Most of them would provide the service at reduced rates if you have all of the windows done at the same time.
- Tint removal establishments can provide the service at different rates; therefore, you have the option to look around for various shops and check how much they charge for the service. Try to get three to five quotes over the phone before deciding on a service.
- Removing tint actually isn’t that hard of a job. With a few tools and various materials, tint can be removed in less than three hours. NorthernTint.com has a guide showing you exactly how tint can be removed.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|