How Much Does a TreadClimber Cost?
A TreadClimber is a piece of workout equipment that is a mix between a stair machine and a treadmill. Each foot walks on a separate track that has a rotating belt like a treadmill, but each track moves up and down simulating walking up stairs.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the model you are looking to purchase, most TreadClimbers are going to cost anywhere from $950 to as much as $3,500. However, many used models can cost 50% of the new price.
- Treadclimber.com offers three models. The Bowflex TreadClimber TC5, which features the unique Step ‘N Go technology, costs $999. The Bowflex TreadClimber TC10 costs $2,199 and features an easy-to-read display where speed, time, distance, and calories burned can be easily monitored. The premium Bowflex TreadClimber TC20 costs $3,299 and comes with five standard workouts and three ‘landmark’ workouts.
- At Amazon.com, the Bowflex TreadClimber TC20 costs $3,299 and features the G.O. CoachTM console, an interactive program that enables users to monitor their progress and tracks their personal fitness goals.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the model, the TreadClimber comes with a variety of features such as electronic readouts, wireless heart rate technology, user software program, and advanced backlit LCD console. The unit can be used as an elliptical, a treadmill, or a stair stepper, depending on the user’s preference. It can be converted from one to the other in seconds.
- There are three models: The TC5, TC10 and TC20.
- New models come with a 1 to 3-year limited machine warranty.
- A basic model is going to have around 12 intensity settings while a top of life model will have more intensity settings as well as more features.
- This type of machine is ideal for those who do not mind shelling out a few thousand dollars for exercise equipment and love to walk with a challenge.
- The TreadClimber is solely made by Bowflex.
- Compared to a regular treadmill, a 3mph speed on the TreadClimber is equivalent to going 6mph on a regular treadmill.
- The dimensions of most machines are 2.5 x 4 feet and weigh up to 185 pounds. Most models can hold a person that weighs up to 300 pounds.
What are the extra costs?
- Buying a TreadClimber ideally requires purchasing a kit for machine routine maintenance, such as the Lube-n-Walk Kit, which costs about $15 and is used to prolong belt life and to help avoid squeaking.
- A machine mat, which can cost around $100, can also come in handy as it can give the workout area a clean look and can reduce wear on the flooring.
Factors that influence the price:
- Model. The TreadClimber comes in different models. The more features the unit has, the more it costs. For example, the Bowflex TreadClimber TC5 costs $999 while the Bowflex TreadClimber TC20 costs nearly $3,300, depending on where the unit is purchased.
- Features. The cost of a TreadClimber is also influenced by the product features, which varies from one model to another. The basic TreadClimber has 4 electronic functions, an LCD display screen for tracking, a quiet and motorless operation, and a portable design. The more sophisticated model has 5 electronic functions, an integrated heart rate monitor tracking, in addition to superior technology that enables personalization of workouts with a customizable goal-oriented system.
- Condition. TreadClimbers can be bought new, used or refurbished. Buying a unit new is normally the most expensive way to go. For the budget-conscious, a practical way would be to purchase a refurbished machine, which often costs less than a brand new unit. Refurbished machines undergo a thorough inspection and testing process to ensure that they do not only look like new but that they are also mechanically sound.
Tips to know:
- When buying a refurbished TreadClimber, make sure to ask whether there is a warranty that comes with it. Depending on the company offering refurbished TreadClimbers, the unit may come with a free 90-day parts and labor warranty along with the option of purchasing an extended 3-year parts and labor warranty.
- Make sure to ask the dealer about shipping costs as the fees may vary from one supplier to another. The charges are also subject to change without warning, so it is best to be aware of the conditions before making any purchase.
- Before deciding on what model to buy, make sure to ask the dealer to explain what TreadClimber models have to offer and what benefits are provided by each. As every person has different needs, it is sensible to learn about the equipment and to be sure of the most suitable option prior to making a choice.
- Before you decide to purchase a TreadClimber, find a gym that has one and try it out.
How can I save money?
- When buying a TreadClimber, try to find specials, online coupons, deals and free shipping offers at certain online suppliers.
- Consider buying a refurbished or used machine. Make sure, to have it inspected by a professional and knowledgeable person before paying for it. Also, inquire about the warranty.
- Compare prices from different dealers. TreadClimbers have grown to become popular workout equipment, leading many retailers and dealers to sell them both online and in store. Perform comparison-shopping to find the most reasonably priced machine offered for sale.
- If you cannot pay the full payment up front, consider taking out a loan with most equipment companies. This can break down your payments over a few years.