How Much Does a Trundle Bed Cost?
A trundle bed is a type of low bed built on casters that can be pushed beneath another bed or piece of furniture. It is a convenient way to solve space problem in your home. Do you have problems with space in your bedroom? Not all families or households can afford to have spacious rooms, so they have to make do with whatever space they have. One solution to this problem is to consider a trundle bed, which you can just slide in and out of your main bed. While trundle beds can be purchased separately, they are usually sold with a main bed as a set. This will ensure that the trundle bed fits snugly underneath the bed and that it matches in both color and style.
How much does it cost?
- Just like purchasing a bed for your bedroom, a trundle bed’s cost will depend on the quality, the company, where you are going to purchase it and the size. Plan on budgeting anywhere from as little as $100 to as much as $1,500. However, most prices will be between the $100 and $450 range.
- For instance, this popular twin size trundle bed on Amazon retails for $85.
- At Hayneedle.com, for example, you can find wood trundle beds from $400 to $1,500.
- Decorandmoredirect.com has a variety of trundle beds that range anywhere from $200 to as much as $500.
What is going to be included?
- Trundle beds are basically two beds packed into a space that one twin bed takes up, providing your room with more sleeping capacity during the night while keeping the space free during the day.
- Typically, however, trundle beds do not feature thick mattresses since they have to be thin enough to fit under another bed. This is not good for people who have back problems.
- You can choose either wood or metal material for your trundle beds, depending on your interior decorating scheme and other furniture in that room and in your home.
- There are even trundle beds that can serve as daybeds or chaise lounges, depending on the style.
- Trundle beds include bed frame as well as instructions and hardware for assembly.
- Most companies offers free shipping to the 48 US contiguous states.
- There are some trundle beds that are designed to be raised to the level of the other bed. This turns a twin size bed into a king size bed! However, other trundle beds simply stay at ground level and do not rise to meet the other.
What are the extra costs?
- Sometimes, you will be charged applicable sales tax. This depends on the state in which you live.
- When you purchase a new bed, the mattress needed for that bed is not always included. If you are getting the bed for very cheap, chances are that you will need to buy mattresses to fit the bed. Make sure that you buy the correct size for the trundle since it cannot be as thick as a traditional mattress.
- Bed accessories such as sheets and a pillow will be extra as well. However, the pillows used for the trundle bed will not fit on the trundle bed when it is slid under, but will need to be stored elsewhere.
- Most of the time, you will have to shoulder all the return shipping charges in case you decide on returning your order.
Tips to know:
- Trundle beds used to be intended as storage beds instead of making it an additional sleeping space. Rather than another bed underneath, that space would be comprised of drawers and/or shelves.
- When buying a trundle bed, choose the pop up type. A pop up will come to the level of the bed on top when you slide it open, thus, providing you a double-sized bed.
How can I save money?
- Check online for special sales promotions on trundle beds. There are many furniture stores online that you can shop with.
- If you do not mind having two sleeping surfaces at different levels, you can choose the traditional trundle beds over the pop up type, as the latter is more expensive.
- Remember that not all trundle bed frames are user friendly. Some cheap varieties are difficult to manage. Instead, choose one that is both functional and easy to pull in and out. Go for quality, which can last longer.
- If you are not confident about the trundle bed you are planning to buy, do not proceed with the purchase because you might be shelling out more money for its return.
- Consider purchasing used. Like most furniture, check Craigslist and local garage sales to see if you can snag a good deal.
- If you are only looking for an extra bed every once in a while, consider simply buying a high quality blow up mattress. This will be cheaper, and blow up mattresses are also quite easy to store since they fold up so well.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|