How Much Does Underarm Liposuction Cost?
Underarm liposuction is a procedure preferred by individuals who wish to have excess fat in their armpits removed by a professional. The removal of the fat deposits results into a more toned and even look in the area surrounding the armpit. This procedure is considered to be mini liposuction because it is done on only one or two small spots on a patient’s body. The cost of undergoing liposuction for the underarms can differ from one surgeon or facility to another. Finding the right surgical professional is important to ensure the job is performed satisfactorily.
How much does it cost?
- Cosmeticmiracles.com states that underarm liposuction can be classified as a mini liposuction, which refers to a type of liposuction procedure done on areas that have minimal excess fat. Mini liposuction costs under $2,500 and is often performed on an outpatient basis. The procedure does not require a lengthy recovery period and individuals can resume their normal activities usually on the same day it was performed.
- NYmag.com, the cost of a brachioplasty (or upper-arm lift) is $6,000 to $8,000. In this procedure, which can be done on an outpatient basis, excess skin is lifted and removed through an incision along the inner arm or armpit, which subsequently removes excess fat.
- According to dermatologic surgeons at Realself.com, getting a liposuction job for the armpit areas under local anesthesia using smaller micro cannulas cost roughly $4,000.
- Overall, the procedure is going to range anywhere from $2,500 to as much as $9,000.
What is going to be included?
- During the initial consultation, a surgeon performs an evaluation to find out if the patient is suitable for underarm liposuction by taking the medical history, discussing past and present medical conditions, medications currently being taken, as well as any other surgeries the patient has undergone. He then decides if the procedure is suitable for the patient and discusses the procedure, the risks and the limitations.
- In a mini liposuction procedure, local anesthesia may be administered, reducing the risks and complications that often occur with the traditional liposuction process. The procedure makes use of smaller instruments and can take about an hour. In this procedure, the surgeon inserts a needle into the underarm area, injects it with a special lypolytic fluid, and subsequently removes fat deposits or accumulation using a small cannula and a syringe. A small bandage is then placed on the area and the patient is ready to go home.
What are the extra costs?
- Although the pain associated with a mini liposuction is minimal, patients may take pain medications prescribed by the surgeon.
Factors that influence the price:
- Technique. Liposuction can be done through a number of methods. The traditional way is through dry liposuction, which involves the use of general anesthesia. The super-wet technique involves injecting a saline solution with local anesthetic and adrenaline to dissolve the fat and make it easy to remove. The ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) utilizes sound waves to liquefy fat accumulation, and is often effective in fibrous parts of the body. Laser technology is also used in the liposuction procedure. The more complex and the more effective the technique, the higher its price.
- Professional fees. The liposuction procedure normally entails the expertise of a surgeon and an anesthesiologist. Surgeon’s and anesthesiologist’s fees often vary from one location to another and are usually hinged on experience and ability. Where they perform the service may also affect their professional rates.
- Facility. Underarm liposuction can be performed on an outpatient basis due to the uncomplicated process involved. The rates offered at various facilities often have significant differences. Liposuction performed in a hospital normally costs higher than in an ambulatory facility due to the fees associated with the use of hospital equipment.
- Extent of surgery. Underarm liposuction is generally a small-scale procedure. In a mini liposuction procedure, the amount of fat removed is usually less than 2.5 pounds from one area to another. Procedures that fall under this category are generally less expensive.
Tips to know:
- Never choose a surgeon based only on price. Instead, find out if he is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and if he has established a reputation in the community. Make sure that he devises a surgical plan tailored just for your liposuction needs.
- Ask for a compilation of the surgeon’s previous work. He should be able to present a portfolio of past liposuction procedures. From here, you can a good idea of his abilities and expertise.
- When choosing an anesthesiologist, be sure that he holds the credentials and is recognized as a board-certified anesthesiologist.
- Take the time to find out if the surgical facility is authorized or accredited as this can help ensure your safety.
How can I save money?
- Some cosmetic surgery facilities offer up to 30% off of any liposuction procedure when booked within a certain period of time.
- Conduct a research for various cosmetic surgeons offering underarm liposuction services and compare the rates they offer. Be sure to check the professional’s reputation and credentials.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|